Dumbest question while riding your bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I had a guy ask me what year the bike I was riding was made. I replied, "It's a 1949 Schwinn". He asked, "Are you the original owner?". There was a silence and with God as my witness I wanted to say something smart, but instead I looked him in the eye and said, "No". I'm 44 yrs-old. :roll:

I get asked what year my '76 Murray Skybolt is and my '56 J.C. Higgins but nobody has asked about original ownership haha. People ask about the mega apes on Higgins. The questions I am asked when I ride my tall. Ike's have been covered, but the statements are what are hillarious.

BlackJack said:
Today I had a guy ask me what year the bike I was riding was made. I replied, "It's a 1949 Schwinn". He asked, "Are you the original owner?". There was a silence and with God as my witness I wanted to say something smart, but instead I looked him in the eye and said, "No". I'm 44 yrs-old. :roll:

You should have just told them your age and watch the gears burning in their head as they tried to do the math.

I think the worst is when someone watches me get onto or off of my tall bike and then asks me how I did it as though they did not just literally watch me do it. And I know this one isn't a question, but when someone sees a heavily customized bike that I have even made structural changes to the frame or added ridiculous things like rebar, a sickle blade or farm implements, and then comments that they had the same bike back in the day.

I had a guy once tell me while I was riding my monark " I used to have one of those schwinn columbia" :shock: I asked when did you buy it? He said I bought it brand new in 1978. Shocked again :shock:

He was talking about this bike

1946MONARK.jpg

ozzmonaut said:
I think the worst is when someone watches me get onto or off of my tall bike and then asks me how I did it as though they did not just literally watch me do it.

+1

I have had people tell me that they rented Fugsley bikes down at the beach. :shock: :?

aWP_001268.jpg

While riding with a group after a show, a guy on his front porch watched in amazement and asked "Where'd ya'll get them bikes?" I replied "In barns!......and we built them!"

Back