dumpster Fixie, new handlebars and saddle :o

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found today at the university dumpters...

it a german bike for sure, but it also have a campagnolo 3 speed, the gear lever is geat and it's fitted on the down tube...

it also have some really old shwalbe tires on it...

29273mq.jpg

cleaned it and tore it apart, removed fenders... regreased everything after a good cleaning, changed the saddle, new brake pad and wires...

useless weight... fenders, rear light, 6v generator

v5gv3r.jpg

2rr3txc.jpg

242bfh3.jpg

ride very smooth right now, but i want to give it more character... i'm unsure of what to do:

fit 26' mtb alu rims with very aggressive 26x1.90 tires

or

made a cheap fixie out of it with funky colored wheels and tyres

???

help me deciding :D

Re: dumpster project, help me deciding what to do to it...

I'd do a single sp freewheel with the 1.90 tires on it. black primer, then ya got it.

Outlaw 8)

Yikes !!! I'm pretty sure that's an old Bianchi Sprocket. If it's a Bianchi, it's probably worth saving... they fetch good money...
I would find another roadbike style bike to customize.... this one looks like a real old (maybe 1940's or 50's) Bianchi that is just itching for a restoration... I have a 1956 that is very similar...jus' sayin' :D

I say stick with a path racer style. Ditch the heavy seat, polish up the chrome and fully wrap the bars. leave the frame all crusty. Done.

Wolf's Den Garage said:
I say stick with a path racer style. Ditch the heavy seat, polish up the chrome and fully wrap the bars. leave the frame all crusty. Done.

I agree. The three speed setup is cool.

mybike1 said:
Yikes !!! I'm pretty sure that's an old Bianchi Sprocket. If it's a Bianchi, it's probably worth saving... they fetch good money...
I would find another roadbike style bike to customize.... this one looks like a real old (maybe 1940's or 50's) Bianchi that is just itching for a restoration... I have a 1956 that is very similar...jus' sayin' :D

I'm itching to restore that bike, let me know if you want to sell it.

how can i know if the bikes really is a bianchi? I'm italian so the're not so uncommon but...

there is a vin# or something like that?

Wolf's Den Garage said:

i like this plan... maybe red grip tape for the bars and white tyres?

mybike1 said:

now i'm 100% sure that the dumpster find is a bianchi riggio, thanks a lot mybike1 :D

i have decided to buy some white bar tape and full white 26x1 3/8 tires, will go kenda or something similar... i need a nice white saddle too...

i have just another question... i found a snapped spoke on the rear rim... can i change only the broken one or i have to rebuild the entire rim? thanks

You can replace 1 spoke. Often the nipple breaks, not the spoke. There are several guides on how to true the wheels. It was a lot easier than I thought. The idea of relacing a wheel still scares me.

the rear wheel is ruined beyond repair, it is really bent :?

today i unstuck the bars, and almost stripped the whole bike...

166azo9.jpg

imqzyv.jpg

i'll do a single speed out of it just because made it a fixie will cost a tad bit too much

I really like the 'clubsman' style bars on this bike. Being seeing a lot of them recently, they may be the 'next' boardtracker bars instead of flipping a standard set.

I look forward to seeing where you take this one.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Love the parts.

PM sent

today i stripped the bike completely:

changed the rims, the front will go on my girl bike and the rear will return in the dumpster :lol:

removed the derailleur and shifter lever, the bike will be a single speed :D

regreased everything that will stay on the bike...

i don't want to paint the frame because i want my bikes to be as ratty as they can... but i dunno if i'll shoot some clear onto the really old paint, strip the frame completely, or just wax the old paint... give me some suggestions :D

sorry no pics... too dark outside :lol:

today i finally finished the fixed single speed conversion...

just used a threaded fixed cog and jb welder to mantain the cog in position, cheap and easy :D

the bike is a blast to ride, but take note that i've never ridden a fixed before :oops:

2wmkg0j.jpg

11m43yp.jpg

2ljky1g.jpg

2dv7uiv.jpg

what do you guy think? :D

I like it. now get ta ridin.

Outlaw 8)

I love fixed gears, I have 4 :shock:
It is a different experience, like running, only faster and smoother.

thanks guys, it great ride it...

tomorrow will swap bars and stem, i think i'll reinstall one brake too :oops:

Latest posts

Back