Dyno Dyno-Matic Extremely Rare colour?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is pics as promised in welcome thread...

Dyno Dyno-Matic 4spd in Electric Blue.

I'm just going by what I could find on the internet so if this isn't rare I apologise for my noob'ness!
I have seen a few pics of Black Dyno-Matics and apparently they are rare so when I seen this Electric Blue one on eBay I took a chance on it. It has the 'D' on the rear of frame under seat and is stamped as an '03. Notice the different font on saddle.
Is this the same as the Dyno Glide in same colour but with different decals?? Is it as rare as I'm thinking??

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

Yup the matics are rare, and old. Well that frame is an earlier one. They changed the dropout, and lettering, added a headbadge.
Seems like that seat is from one of the later frame bikes. I can see that happening, ran out of the old style, start using the new.

Yup, it def seems to be the last of the 'proper' Dynos with that seat and it had a Pacific valve cap on one wheel.

Mud guards or do you guys call them fenders?? and bell have been removed. Frame measures 24", is that extended??

I have only ran across one of these frames just the frame for $10 got there someone beat me to it damit.
Chris,model-a
Blue Dyno-Matic??

It seems to be just like mine except for the color and the Addition of the front brake. I also took my fenders off I think it makes the bike look much better.

it is rare. the rarest is a bright orange. i have only seen one in the 10 years i have been collecting dynos. i have seen a lot of those frames but they had 24 inch rear wheels and only seen them in black with that frame a 26 inch wheel with a 4 speed.

Just picked up an Dyna Matic, electric blue, original seat and bars, with Shimano nexus gearbox. Rode it around the block, sweet tires and looking to sell it...going to test the gearbox and take a pic...

Are you sure it is an '03? I thought they were using head badges by then. I just picked one up exactly like this. I was thinking it was a 96.

Sorry for not replying, never got emails to tell me there were replies!?
I'm just going by what I've read on here about dating Dynos, the last digits underneath mine are 03... Does anyone know when these came out? If it's '96 all the better!

nice buy man

Dynos are cool! Have one myself and love the look and the ride.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back