E-Rat-Icator- On the move again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year did not fair well for the "King of Cowley County". I wasn't happy with the final outcome and to top that off the seat tube broke loose from the bottom bracket at the first show I took it to.

When it first came home
92a82298.jpg

When last completed
ee7d6ae4.jpg

The last public sighting
IMG_3041.JPG

The last time it was seen before moth ball storage
3cbf6969.jpg

2010-09-04003314.jpg

Since then I tore the bike down, had the frame blasted, and repaired the frame. Then he went back into dry storage for a few months, until now. The bike is on the rack and awaiting my attention. I have four other builds in progress- one is ready for reassembly, one is awaiting parts from the plater, and two are at the powder coater. Fubar Undone is at the bottom of the list since I have several months to finish it. But progress early should be good while I await parts for the others.

Some of the parts I have designated for this build

shot_1303975829802.jpg

2011-04-17165853.jpg

2010-11-14225225.jpg

Stingray.jpg

Re: FUBAR UNDONE

HHHMMMM... FUBAR... Looking forward to the transformation.... let me know if ya need anything... :mrgreen:

Great bunch of parts there buddy! Can't wait to see the finished product. What is that amber marble lookin thingy anyway??? Wonder where that came from??? Good luck, not that you need it, but looks like some stiff competition building up here on this forum! 8)

I don't feel like I am up to the caliber of builder as some of my fellow rat rodders. I don't enter to win, I enter for camaraderie. And because I end up with another cool ride in the stable.

I took the triple tree forks from the OCC chopper and trimmed about a foot off the legs to more properly fit a 26" wheel. I also cut a couple inches off the steer tube to fit the Monark head tube. After a bit of trial and error with parts from the cup and bearing bin I mounted the 1 1/8" forks to the 1" head tube. I mocked the bike up with some fenders I had laying around to see how it made me feel. Undecided on the fenders until I get the frame in color.
2011-05-01132823.jpg

I took the bike back down to the bare frame and drug it to the paint booth (cellar) for it's first coat of primer.

I like the red, chrome, and bare metal color scheme sooo much! Maybe find a rear fender to match the one up front? Sweet build so far!

Double Nickle said:
I like the red, chrome, and bare metal color scheme sooo much! Maybe find a rear fender to match the one up front? Sweet build so far!

I have my paints purchased already and none of the current colors are in the paint scheme.

I got the frame primed, wet sanded smooth, the trim color laid down, and masked off for the main color.

I used the drying time on the lacquer to knock one of my projects off the list.

This is a bike I gave my powder coater to use as a display bike in the shop. He coated it a few pieces at a time as he was doing other jobs. Now that it is back together I can focus on FUBAR for a while.

2011-05-01175352.jpg

Slow down brotha! I aint even started yet. Got to get the weekend honey-do's out of the way before making any progress. You must have a real understanding wife! You may have to share how you get so much garage time! :lol:

I know Cameron, your CRUISING :shock: I lost my parts due to friend never calling me about getting the parts and your almost ready for paint :eek: Well, keep it coming, it looks really good :wink:

blackcruzer said:
Who do you use for Powdercoater And Plater? Do they have a website?

My powder coating is done by BCA Powdercoating. Brent does a great job- good prices and quick turn around. You can find them on Facebook, just search BCA Powdercoating.

My plating is done by a friend's dad who works for a plating company in Wichita. But all of the parts I have been done I have dealt with my buddy and bartered bike stuff. I couldn't say what it would cost if you were to carry parts in the front door.

udallcustombikes said:
blackcruzer said:
Who do you use for Powdercoater And Plater? Do they have a website?

My powder coating is done by BCA Powdercoating. Brent does a great job- good prices and quick turn around. You can find them on Facebook, just search BCA Powdercoating.

My plating is done by a friend's dad who works for a plating company in Wichita. But all of the parts I have been done I have dealt with my buddy and bartered bike stuff. I couldn't say what it would cost if you were to carry parts in the front door.

Thank You, I'll go check them out on Facebook. I didn't know you were up by Wichita. I'm from Arizona, I don't know Kansas all that well.

They say when inspiration strikes you have to act. Because of that I was up late laying color on my frame. Peeled the masking tape off this morning and I am seeing the finished product in my head.

2011-05-02092045.jpg

To some it may seem like I am rushing through my build, but I still have a long way to go before I am done. I just needed to see the frame in color to decide on what direction I want to proceed.

Back