Early BMX? and motorcycle looking bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked these up after work yesterday. The BMX doesn't have a name anywhere and has a Sears speedo. The motorcycle bike is un-named but has CR-2X decals.

UnknownBMX-vi.jpg

Searsspeedo-vi.jpg

RC2Xbike-vi.jpg

The MX is definitely Murray built so it could have been badged Sears. Since it has a more standard BMX seat but still has a gusset, I'd guess it's from around 1980. Some of the seat posts from this era had a dated sticker on them.

That is a lot of miles for 20" bike in such good shape.

The seat on the Sears is the original. I believe it should have one that look like a loaf of bread. I can't verify if those are original miles or not, but they could be all highway miles.

Chips_Mahoy said:
The seat on the Sears is the original. I believe it should have one that look like a loaf of bread. I can't verify if those are original miles or not, but they could be all highway miles.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It's likely late 70s to '80 or so. Check the seat post, down near the BB. Mine was a little white sticker with a month and year code. I had a very similar MX in flat black with a 20" rattrap springer.

Back