Early Schwinn ''The World" motobike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just found my next project bike! its an earlier schwinn 28'' wheel bike, unfortunetly the wheels are gone but i do have the hubs. The tank is also missing, I cant wait to get into this thing, I am still deciding wether or not to lace up the hubs to a new style hoop or try and track down some old period correct hoops, I cant wait to go to town with some sos pads and polish.
Can anyone help date this thing?
IMAG1087.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

IMAG1089.jpg

IMAG1092.jpg

IMAG1093.jpg

There was a Schwinn world badge STUCK to it, Haha, but when I removed it, the mounting holes did not line up. I'm starting to think it is not. I rnt care though, I just kve this frame style.

Would Electra Amsterdam rims fit on that bike? I believe they are 28 inchers with the internal 3 speed and coaster brake. Could make an awesome combo, no matter the brand. Cool bike, nice find. Gary

CHAMPION123 said:
Would Electra Amsterdam rims fit on that bike? I believe they are 28 inchers with the internal 3 speed and coaster brake. Could make an awesome combo, no matter the brand. Cool bike, nice find. Gary
That would be awesome, I would have to mess with the front axle, the thought of using a 3 speed hadn't crossed my mind :shock:
I want to keep the skip tooth set up, I could still use that 3 speed because I found a guy on eBay who makes a rear sprocket adapter that will work with a 1" pitch chain.
I posted a thread in the build forum with a mock 700c setup, it looks good, I might go for it but use some cream 28x2 big apples.

Keeping it a skip tooth would be great. I hope you have fun finding the parts to make it cool. Finding or making a tank for it would be awesome. Don't use wood...just my 2 cents. Sheet metal formed around a wood patern and then welded together would be fitting. Thanks for posting. Gary

i am building a tank for mine now using a elgin as a patern made the wood lock first
i am gona try to reproduce several different kinds and sell them
out of 26 or 28 guage steel
chucksoldbikes

I can save that chain.. keep it skip tooth ... I have some very old skip tooth rims... not even sure what they are

Henry morgan said:
I can save that chain.. keep it skip tooth ... I have some very old skip tooth rims... not even sure what they are
I am in the process of saving the chain, its sitting in some deisel ful right now. What size tires?

Latest posts

Back