Easy Paint Removal Thanks to RRB Members

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I not sure who, but someone or many members suggested the use of OVEN CLEANER to remove layers of paint.One layer or a bunch.Well it works like a champ! I bought just a cheap OVEN CLEANER. I sprayed in on and let it set (length of time varies on how many layers )I wiped it off with rag or scotch pad. Clean off with soap and water.It removed five layers of paint from frame thats sixty years old . Thanks to all for these great ideas! Tom :D :D :D

Did it also take off the original paint, or is that intact under the other coats? I've heard that spray paint / house paint often comes off a lot easier than the factory paint, so it might be preserved underneath...

Well this is the first time trying this.Your right that was the main reason for trying this,thats what I mention about layers.The frame I have had been sanded several times and some original paint was to bare metal.the other thing I found is longer its on and the harder you wipe or (scrub) the more paint comes off .Tom

Latest posts

Back