Easy rear hub question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you change the sprocket on a rear hub? If so what's the skinny?Thanks. :mrgreen:

what kind of hub ?

coaster hub ??? most just have a snap ring holding the cog on. some need brand specific cogs.

ive had other with threaded lockrings though but they were always off the wall brands

Sorry didn't think of all that.Yeah just a single speed coaster.I have a couple red bands and an idea.I'd take pics but they don't come out in this light.I have a couple coasters I was looking at that have 4 holes/dimples around were the axle comes through.Looks like it could be a snap ring.Would I just dig in there till it pops?

Some old time stuff was threaded and locked, or even a permanent part of the bendix screw, but you are far more likely to have the snap ring type. Some times the sprocket openings aren't interchangeable, as also previously stated. Snap ring is pressed directly against face of sprocket.

I have a Nexus 7 speed and conveniently, it uses the Bendix rear cogs with the 3 notches on the inner cutout. Gary

Back