ebay boycott

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
a seller not being able to leave feedback will suck too!
I agree-That's BS! :x I'm an Ebay addict (probably worse now with bikes :roll: )but work's been slow for the past month so the play funds are low! :cry: Guess that makes it easy for me to join the cause! :wink:
L8 EM

eBay sure is a greedy little company that doesn't have to warehouse anything, package anything, or send it out the door. I buy as little as possible on eBay these days. I prefer to find like minded collectors on forums and trade with them.

I'm all for that. Sometimes it's the only place to go, but they need a little competition or at least a wake up call.

Rat Rod said:
If anyone is set up to give Ebay competition it's definitely CraigsList.
Well, I agree
But craigslist isnt as safe as ebay(in some matters)

Like lately ive been getting way too many scam-bots emailing me for bikes, One referred to a bike as a wedding dress

I just meant....as a company with recognition for classifieds they could easily start more ventures and give Ebay a run for their money.

How about free online auctions....oooh boy, now that would sting!

I'm with you Hooch all the way. I pulled the plug definitely last Fall on selling with Ebay. I put up 4 items to sell to try out again and it was just an incredible hassle. Fees are insane as well. Thanks for sharing that article, it presents a lot of possible options. eCrater looks like the most interesting of the bunch so far.

I don't know about selling, but shipping bites for me. I have to rely on ebay to get parts to restore my '74 Cutlass, NO ONE makes repop parts and I've yet to get a bumper that my ride seriously needs. I recently got side opera light covers and the shipping was $6.00. That's not bad if you've seen the out-of-@#$% that some joker wants to charge to send a small part. Does it realy cost $2 to send a sticker? BTW, go fast auctions. com is free for autos, free to buy or sell. As seen on Dream Car Garage.

Back