ebay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alrighty fellas
i think i'm gonna open me up an ebay account but i have a few questions
how do you go about paying
i've heard of paypal but what about western union
any other does and don'ts?
any thing is welcome i wanna be safe and not have someone get the best of me
me and my dad will prolly be doin mostly bikes and die cast
any horror stories?
thanks guys
all info and sugestions are welcome!

also
if you don't get the price you want can you take the itemm of early or do you have to wait till the auction ends?
THANKS! in advace!

get a paypal account....the upgraded one otherwise you can only send/receive 2or 3 hundred dollars.in credit cards......dont bother with western union[most scamers use western union].......if you want a certain price for something use a reserve,some people will not bid on anything with a reserve.here is a big tip that will save you lots of money......AUCTIVA its a program that you use to list items....heres the money saver...ebay charges after the first picture like.15 each....the auctiva program you can load up to 12 pictures and ebay only charges for 1 picture.use lots of pictures.read the ebay tutorial on their faq...........good luck.......phil

know your shipping rates. i sold a 79 schwinn scrambler frame on there and charged $20 for shipping. shipping ended up being $30 for the frame so i basically gave that frame away. and i have shipped frames before for no more than $20.

It is probably a good idea to get paypal set up, but I have sold on ebay without it. Accepting money orders has worked OK for me for years. I usuaully list things at the lowest price I am willing to take rather than use a reserve price or buy it now option. I started out using a a listing service such as Andale, but I think They are not worthwhile unless you are listing a lot of items on a monthly basis. For now, I just list right through ebay.

moparmayhem93 said:
how do i go about getting a paypal accoumt?
i didnt do ours but she said just go to paypal on ebay or paypal.com nad there are instructions to set up a paypal account.they make a 2 deposits into your bank account[both under 1.00]and a few other steps and then you are ready.......we have a paypal visa/mac card any time someone sends us a large amount of money we withdraw it.we dont leave large amounts in paypal.try the auctiva account its FREE and we saved lots of money over ebays picture fees.plus if you are not sureabout an item you are selling...put on some more pictures.....got to ebay and look up how to sell there are tutorials/instructions..5 years ago i couldnt even type and i sell alot of stuff on ebay as well as some vw websites/bike sites etc.....phil

phil
how about a link to one of your sales to show us how you do it.

I hate Paypal. I use it, but if I had it to do over, I wouldn't ever get it. They charge you to recieve payments, then, with the "buyer protection policy" the buyer can basically steal your items and paypal yanks refunds out of your account or linked accounts (bank, credit card)

The safe way to do it is insist on only accepting Postal Money Orders and cash them at the post office. Or take checks and wait for them to clear before you ship.

Ebay is a big pain. I avoid it, but it's a neccessary evil sometimes.

jtdaddy said:
phil
how about a link to one of your sales to show us how you do it.
search completed auctions for seller mandybus.we only have had a few things on lately,i dont have any active auctions right now.

i don't wanna do ebay but my dad wants to and i figured imay as well sell some bikes on there while we're at it
also
beside picture cost
how much does ebay cost?
thanks for all ythe help

I usually only sell small items. I too have undercharged for shipping.. I asked for 15 bucks and it cost me 28 bucks.. so i took a loss. Remember to state when you want to get paid. I tell them within 48hrs of auction ending.. some people like to take their sweet time. Oh! there is also bidpay to accept payment. I heard it was free but i never looked into it.. and postal money orders are the way to go if you can wait a week to get it..

thanks guys
i wanted some info before gettin myself in a mess
we'll read the thing on ebay and see if we can go from there

THANKS!

Latest posts

Back