EightyOne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished this bike up I started back in September. I had to sideline it to do Saltfats for the buildoff. Hope you like it.

Specs

Frame;
1968 Schwinn 26 excess brackets shaved

Forks;
Monarch (sort of)
I used the fork top, aluminum cap, springs and top headset bracket but made all the legs, stem and dropouts. Long story!

Handlebars;
Repop Harley sportsters Powdered Black and inverted
Schwinn NOS padded stock grips
Old school BMX double clamp stem cut down some

Seat;
Red Brooks B67 and custom post
Seat clamp is a Vintage Go Kart axle collar

Wheels-Tires;
Double wall aluminum from Bicycle Exchange
Heavy stainless spokes
Redline thinwall baloons

Cranks;
Old school Sugino BMX SuperMaxy
BMX pedals with Acorn Bolts

Finish;
Most everything black was Powdercoated Flat Black
All the fasteners are brushed stainless
Pinstriping by Dave Austin

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

i love this bike talk about hitting the nail on the head well done. it looks mean and i bet it rides well too. one of the best drop bar cruisers i have seen lately i would be happy to ride that sucker. it has that "looks like it would be a bully and steal your lunch money" stance (stolen phrase and i cant remember who said it)

karfer67 said:
i love this bike talk about hitting the nail on the head well done. it looks mean and i bet it rides well too. one of the best drop bar cruisers i have seen lately i would be happy to ride that sucker. it has that "looks like it would be a bully and steal your lunch money" stance (stolen phrase and i cant remember who said it)

I will cruise it tomorrow in our 20 plus degree weather and let you know, feels good just sitting on it indoors. Thanks

turned out great(this one needs to be in the black bikes thread also!)
but you doing a disservice to that shift knob(yes i know its a skateboard wheel......i used to only use those for my standards :wink: ) youre using to prop the kickstand

sensor said:
turned out great(this one needs to be in the black bikes thread also!)
but you doing a disservice to that shift knob(yes i know its a skateboard wheel......i used to only use those for my standards :wink: ) youre using to prop the kickstand

That Kryptonic has been around for years, it finally came in handy, closest thing I could find as a prop. I knew I kept them for a reason.. SDH

geeeeeeezzzz!!!! do i have to vote for this one too? :wink:

you do some really nice work. i'm sure your friend is gonna love it 8)

theVULTURE said:
geeeeeeezzzz!!!! do i have to vote for this one too? :wink:

you do some really nice work. i'm sure your friend is gonna love it 8)

Thanks! I just got the weather report and the "S" word is coming tomorrow so a test ride may be out for a day or two.

DANG! I'm definitely diggin' your taste in bikes - first the Saltfats, now this. Very VERY cool!
Wow...awesome stance, paint and lines.

Can you take some photos with better lighting? It looks like the fenders wraparound in the front also but I can't be sure. Nice bike!

man i am blind i did not even realize saltflatz was yours too drrrrrrrr. well my friend you have the look down that i try to strive for but have taken it a step further than i have been able to do. well done but i will be back wait until i get my frame jig done. just kidding amazing work and i hope to shake your hand one day

karfer67 said:
man i am blind i did not even realize saltflatz was yours too drrrrrrrr. well my friend you have the look down that i try to strive for but have taken it a step further than i have been able to do. well done but i will be back wait until i get my frame jig done. just kidding amazing work and i hope to shake your hand one day

Thanks! Everyone on this site has been very positive and helpful.. Good Vibes!

Hillsmith, you have the bike gods on your side man!
That ride is sick, the only thing I don't like about it is that is not my bike!

Back