El Mono Loco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bike about 3 weeks ago and the next day I found this website. Picked up a used beach cruiser off of craigslist for cheap, and the first thing I did was make a few changes:
-ape hangers
-curved seat post
-changed the seat to one I had sitting in my basement (makes a much more comfortable ride)
-moved the 3 speed shifter off the bars and onto the frame
-pulled the fenders and shortened them alot (still have to weld the dovetails back on)

I'm in northern Jersey and it's like people never saw ape hangers before. Every ride there is someone that comments on the bike as I cruise past them.

Here's some pics of the bike so far.
elMono.jpg

Custom Tiki Headbadge
badge.jpg

Suicide shifter from an old bar tool. Bottle opener unscrews to reveal a corkscrew. Never know what you have to open on the ride.
suicide.jpg

Custom LED tail light from a trailer light. Push button switch on the back.
tail_light.jpg

Thanks!
The shifter blew up on a ride the other night since most the internals are plastic. Luckily a local shop was kind enough to take one off his bikes and sell it to me so I had no down time. Gotta find a shifter that's a little more solid.
The tips for the fenders were welded back on, sanded and repainted. Next step is to tear down the frame and paint it. Thinking about using flat black with a satin clear like I did on the fenders. I also may do gloss black flames on the satin fenders.

Back