Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Vince

5173275780_43b7c298b0_b.jpg

I took off all the reflectors, put on bullet tail lights, a headlight and matching bullet valve caps.

:mrgreen:

cruisehard said:
Nice ride...where did you get those bullet taillights and how did ya mount them?

I got them on Amazon.

http://amzn.to/anhAA4

That picture is actually my own that I uploaded to the product page (I got the elbows from Osh hardware...they are corner supports for cabinets).

changed handlebars from ape's to tt bars, don't know which I like better, and yes I know the shift cable is long
101114_105048-1.jpg
101114_105251-1.jpg
and here is stock
101106_155704-1.jpg

Mikey xVx said:
BikeStereo.jpg

Removable stereo I rigged to my bike

So you use the AC output for an auxiliary? I was looking at the skullcandy pipe today and wanted to do the same exact thing, but my concern was that the ipod will probably fly out of the dock while riding it...this is GREAT!

There are two different skullcandy pipe models, one with the ac output as well as an aux output and one with only an ac output. I know that they didn't make the black one with an aux plug; only the chrome one. Get the one with the aux; I got mine at Target for i think around $70. I've ridden a few hundred miles with that thing attached like that with no problems. I used the velcro with the super adhesive back that you can find at almost any Walmart near the duck tape. I had to build where it sits on the stem so that the velcro would kind of cradle the skullcandy. That velcro is pretty hardcore. It's pretty loud, but not anywhere near as loud as I'd like it. It's great for bike paths and critical mass cruises; not really loud enough in traffic. My wife and I use that skullcandy pipe all the time in the house so it was worth buying for sure and the velcro on the bike is hardly noticable when it isn't attached. Give it try.

Did you buy it in store or online? It says that it's only sold online on their website otherwise I would have went and bought it today...there are certain things I don't like buying online because possible returns can be a hassle that way.

I'm gonna have to pick up a new nano or shuffle to go along with it too so it all fits on the handlebar in line. My handlebar setup is different than yours though and it's all silver (so the velcro would be noticeable, but whatever)

I'll see how it works out. Thanks for the info!

I found my skullcandy in the store near the video games and headphones; this was a while ago (year +). I don't like ordering things online unless i absolutely have to. I'm sure you can find a store somewhere in your area that would have one (unless you're in a really small town). It would be a little trickier to hide the velcro against silver components, but if you always cruise with it on the bike then who cares. I reccomend getting some rechargeable batteries to go with the skullcandy; it goes through them pretty fast at full volume (1-2 days). Good Luck.

I bought it last night...strapped it on with a couple cable ties and took it for a test ride to see how it is. This thing is great! I used it by my bed last night...I'm going to use a couple belts on each side to strap it on every time I use it because the surface area that I need to out it on is horizontal and narrow...I don't think Velcro would even work. Plus this way I don't have to deal with any glue sticking to the handlebars either. I will take pics once I find my final solution for set up and post them.

I went to a LBS today and they gave me some free safety belt straps. I was so thankful...that was very nice of them!

Here is what I did:

IMG_5200.jpg

Took it for a nice bumpy ride around the neighborhood and it works wonderfully. Although it's more hassle than Velcro, it's secured all around and I don't have to worry about any glue on the bars or anything showing when I'm not using it on the bike.

Sauce, I'm really glad that you're happy with your skullcandy. That's rad that everything is secure without velcro; I tried something just like that but it didn't work for me. Those things are amazingly loud for how small they are eh?

Madmax, Those fenders look so sweet on your 8. I really like that the flat black matches, and that the headlight is even painted to match. Nice job.

Mikey xVx said:
Sauce, I'm really glad that you're happy with your skullcandy. That's rad that everything is secure without velcro; I tried something just like that but it didn't work for me. Those things are amazingly loud for how small they are eh?

Madmax, Those fenders look so sweet on your 8. I really like that the flat black matches, and that the headlight is even painted to match. Nice job.

Well, I tried velcro and the space on my handlebar is not only small, but it's also outwardly rounded just like the pipe. With that, there is about a couple centimeters of velcro that actually make contact at any given position. No chance of it staying put with any adhesive except maybe some crazy glue haha.

I actually found something to mount it on and take it off quicker with though:

IMG_5209.jpg

Sauce, I like the grey straps. You might want to stick some kind of thin padding under the skullcandy (on top of the stem) to reduce vibration. The velcro on mine provides a little cushion; just enough to protect the electronics from the road vibration. I'm always overly cautious; just a heads-up. -Mikey

Nice buy, great price! And you made the right move....mandatory to "deflector" it ;-)

Back