Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I'm really wanting that new 2018 Relic 3i... 800 dollars is a bit insane though. Seems after Trek bought them their prices skyrocketed. The Cruiser 1 used to be $199, now they're $269. On the upswing they at least come with Retrorunners instead of those terrible knobbies.

Yah my LBS has had a relic for well over a year and a Ghostrider that i wanna say is slightly over A GRAND. Very spendy. I didn’t know that about the tires on the cruiser 3i, retrorunners are the first mod I’d do to it anyway. I’d like one just as a knockaround no stress barhopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With th help of member RustGold I acquired another Super Deluxe that was not in the best condition so I decided to see how it would ride and look as a BMX cruiser. The first picture is with a Troxel Style BMX seat on it that looked great on the bike but was not comfortable at all given the fact that on a pedal forward frame all your weight is on your butt, so you really need a wider seat to be comfortable.

Here's the parts I used:

Sunlite BMX Cruiser fork with long 200mm steer tube
BlackOps BMX stem
Kenda 26x2.4 KRAD tires
S&M Husky High MX Bar
Oury Grips
MKS BM-7 BMX Pedals

Might put a Brooks B72 saddle on it in the future. Which I am sure would look good, I just don't want to remove it from my Klunker right now or buy another.

Rides super nice....

All original bike, keeping all the parts.. to rebuild later....
IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3963.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG IMG_3962.JPGIMG_4006.JPG

Last edited:
With th help of member RustGold I acquired another Super Deluxe that was not in the best condition so I decided to see how it would ride and look as a BMX cruiser. The first picture is with a Troxel Style BMX seat on it that looked great on the bike but was not comfortable at all given the fact that on a pedal forward frame all your weight is on your butt, so you really need a wider seat to be comfortable.

Here's the parts I used:

BlackOps BMX stem
Kenda 26x2.4 KRAD tires
S&M Husky High MX Bar
Oury Grips
MKS BM-7 BMX Pedals

Might put a Brooks B72 saddle on it in the future. Which I am sure would look good, I just don't want to remove it from my Klunker right now or buy another.

Rides super nice....

That is an interesting view on that bike! Super Deluxe is kind of hard to customize because original bike has a nice harmony in it that is difficult not to ruin :)
I believe that darker tone of the grips would look better on it with the creme saddle, if they match with rims better. But with red saddle red grips look good. I love the comfort of original Electra XL saddles too, so what i often do is buying torn or worn XL saddles and reupholstering them. I believe that might work for you too, then you can have a comfortable saddle in a desired red color. The other thing that fits them really well is creme tires. But if you decide on keeping the original saddle, i guess skin wall would fit the build really well!
The bike looks really clean on the pictures though, you said it was not in very good condition, what was wrong with it?
I am happy for you that you got this bike, i wish it would bring you a lot of pleasant hours ;)

619A29EA-71DC-4C2C-8EBD-58F5AF1186FC.jpeg
FEBB1066-5C55-4E73-8C8F-E97431B041C6.jpeg
Nice, love that klunker style! Finally got my headlight. Waiting on my bell to arrive (hopefully Monday) but my headlight came today. Vintage style LED that i always use but first time using a black one. Also put on a soma bullet tail light and a Remove Before Flight keychain on the seatpost bolt. Loving it!

Attachments

• 0CCBF748-60AE-4F3A-B2BB-13E9F7709F23.jpeg
    0CCBF748-60AE-4F3A-B2BB-13E9F7709F23.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
That is an interesting view on that bike! Super Deluxe is kind of hard to customize because original bike has a nice harmony in it that is difficult not to ruin :)
The bike looks really clean on the pictures though, you said it was not in very good condition, what was wrong with it?

I already have a super clean root beer colored Super Deluxe I posted above, so it made it easier to customize this one. Ya, I used the parts I had in the parts cabinet so, no not everything matches perfectly. The bike has a few scratches & nicks here and there and dents in the fenders. It will most likely get put back together at some point, but for now I am going to have fun with it.

I am going to switch to these grips and keep the saddle:
HT6322__39371.1403974867.320.320.jpg

Last edited:

Here's the parts I used:

BlackOps BMX stem
Kenda 26x2.4 KRAD tires
S&M Husky High MX Bar
Oury Grips
MKS BM-7 BMX Pedals

Rides super nice....

View attachment 72422
View attachment 72423
View attachment 72426
View attachment 72424 View attachment 72425
Here's the latest... tan Oury's added:
IMG_4005.JPG
IMG_4006.JPG

Yah my LBS has had a relic for well over a year and a Ghostrider that i wanna saw is slightly over A GRAND. Very spendy. I didn’t know that about the tires on the cruiser 3i, retrorunners are the first mod I’d do to it anyway. I’d like one just as a knockaround no stress barhopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been thinking about getting my first Electra. Hey BarnesTO, I rode with you and Jarrod and some people one time by the canal and then to Reds. Anyways... that Ghostrider looks cool. So pricey though!

Last edited:
Been thinking about getting my first Electra. Hey BarnesTO, I rode with you and Jarrod and some people one time by the canal and then to Reds. Anyways... that Ghostrider looks cool. So pricey though!
Get a second-hand one then :) The Ghostrider is lovely, the geometry of the bike is very comfortable and it is so light for its size.

Man that was a LONG time ago....refresh my memory?! I know we need to do another Yuma barhopping ride before it gets too hot!

I'd like to try an Electra moto but they are way too expensive for Me. plus I'm not sure how id like the 29r.

Man that was a LONG time ago....refresh my memory?! I know we need to do another Yuma barhopping ride before it gets too hot!
I was riding a blue schwinn speedster that I put a nexus 7 speed in. I think we hit up pint house then rode the canal and back to reds, i think? I used to ride bikes with Jarrod every morning before work.

@jamesdart tbh when i went up to 29ers I loved it, never bought another 26" bike since, even though i have had some 26ers i've enjoyed. But i guess it all depends on your size, I'm 300 + so i feel 29ers suited me better ( or maybe I just like the larger diameter LOL )

@lucha_mike I wished Nexus had 48h hubs, then i'd try to invest in one, had a friend who had a Schwinn cruiser with a Nexus 4 in it and I was intrigued by those hubs :D
I cheated and just bought a wheelset that has the hub already. Kinda better anyways since i didn’t have to run schwinn sized tires. Awesome hubs though!

I was riding a blue schwinn speedster that I put a nexus 7 speed in. I think we hit up pint house then rode the canal and back to reds, i think? I used to ride bikes with Jarrod every morning before work.
I remember now, another one of these rides is in order!

517253B3-FD93-4341-A9E4-8778191D2BC5.jpeg
So I’ve been planning on building a hotrod “girlfriend” bike to go along with the Peace, when it was revealed to me by the ladies in my life that the peace is a bit fugly. So....i lucked out and scored a minty fresh barely ridden 2007 Red Betty that my daughter LOVES. Drove to PHX and back yesterday and brought her home and put the basket from the Peace on it. More accessories to come and the Peace’s days are numbered. Gonna strip it and build something Kustom out of it this summer. Most importantly my daughter (12) FINALLY gets it and will be riding with me a lot more!

Attachments

• D5A0FBB8-0738-4A00-BF9A-681D1E7C6DD3.jpeg
    D5A0FBB8-0738-4A00-BF9A-681D1E7C6DD3.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
The trusses on the front of these bikes are so cool, the'll definitely go on the new project since I had to remove them for the basket. Once this project is done I'm NOT spending money on bikes for a while. I've gotten really lucky lately finding older, CLEAN bikes. They are out there!

Latest posts

Back