Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cruiser 7D

dscn4178s.jpg

Just added suicide shifter. I know its a shimano 333, but it doesn't look like the normal click sticks. And with how close it is to the spinning spokes.....it may be suicide on the fingers!

2HI6J.jpg

Today i have been cruisin the Rockabilly Boogy.
Needed to shoot some pics to show the shortened Straight 8 fork.

RB2027.jpg

I have mounted this fork into the RB because the S8 project is on hold at the moment.

RB2020.jpg

And because i wanna remove the canti-brake mountings from the RB fork.

RB2023.jpg

Well, after talking to my LBS about getting a Rat Rod and them informing me that they do not normally carry it, they did say they can order one and ship it in for me. I got pretty excited until he quoted me the price, $638.99 for the bike + $100.00 for shipping + tax and license fee. That sucked pretty bad. So, I decided I'd get a basic cruiser and mod it to my taste. Last night while looking on CL, low and behold, a Rat Rod for sale. He was asking $250.00 FIRM. Needless to say, it's mine! It's a 2008 and he is the original owner. Ridden less than a handful of times then put in storage where it has sat until yesterday. Living in Hawaii, metal rust is common, so this bike has some spider webs starting in some areas under the paint. Other places are some of the chain links, the fender stays and there are some chips in the front fender. No big deal. Here are some pics, I have not even had a chance to clean it up yet.

rat1.jpg

rat2.jpg

rat3.jpg

rat4.jpg

I am very pleased with how it rides and shifts. Every thing is smooth. I'll be taking it mostly apart and giving it a good cleaning. I will also be getting all the original paper work for the bike and then will transfer it into my name. In Hawaii you have to have a bicycle license which this one has hence the transfer.

No Talent Clown said:
Here's my Electra that I put together a couple years ago. Changed the light bracket since then becuase it bounced the light around too much while riding...

Devilmademe.jpg

Devilmademe2.jpg

Dveilmademe5a.jpg

What is the term for these handlebars?

Those are "clubmans". From the cafe racer motorcycle scene.

Yeah, those are inverted 'clubmans' for motorcycles. We used to replace the std. bars with them to get down into the racer crouch; it was easier and cheaper than real 'clip-ons'.
The chopper guys ocassionally used them, as pic'ed here, and they still gave good control. I've never seen them with a bike swelled 1" center to fit most stems, they have all been a straight 7/8".

Another Straight 8

I've had my 8 for about 2 months now and have done the following mods:

Removed reflectors and warning stickers
Rear flashing red LED light
Red water bottle cage with Elite VIP mounting straps
Origin 8 Time Clock Bell
Electra matte black mirror (newly available)
Electra black tool bag
Double kickstand from the UK
Red chain
43 Hardware red stem bolts
Mowa red seat post clamp
Powdercoated the handlebars and seat post in satin black just completed today

Also got a pair of Electra Ergo Grips on the way and I still need to do a LED conversion on a front headlight when I find one I like and maybe pop for a Brooks B67 for Christmas.
I really love this bike. Gonna try the Hilly 100 (over two days) here in Indy with it this fall if I get my training in.

Minor modes to my 2005 Jeremy, that make it look really unique or cool from my perspective..

1) Dyno Glide Bars
2) Antique White Thick Bricks
3) Straight 8 Electra XL Saddle

DSC00175.JPG

Back