Electra Townie(s)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because my wife and I have been riding a LOT more, I decided to get her a bike that would be "totally" comfortable. After doing the research, I thought a Townie would be the perfect bike. So I took her to a LBS and had her try one. She tried three, a 7 spd, 3 internal and a 21 spd with front shock. She was riding all over the parking lot, just tooling around....WAY at the far end of the lot. So I grabbed one, to go see how she liked it. I went about 100 feet and said: Oh crap...I'm buying TWO bikes today! This was absolutely the most comfortable bike I've ever sat on. The drive home was even more comfortable, because my wallet wasn't so thick when I was siiting down. :roll:

006-14.jpg

002-38.jpg

congrats! Those are great looking bikes. I'm sure you will enjoy them for a long time to come.

Nice bikes, they sell them at my LBS and sell a lot of them. I have found that they sell themselves.................but I'm concerned about you, KOTA, slipping into a happy place. One of the Rats that inspired me to join this website is now sipping tea with his pinky up. Next thing you'll be growing hair on your head.

Graylock :|

Graylock said:
Nice bikes, they sell them at my LBS and sell a lot of them. I have found that they sell themselves.................but I'm concerned about you, KOTA, slipping into a happy place. One of the Rats that inspired me to join this website is now sipping tea with his pinky up. Next thing you'll be growing hair on your head.

Graylock :|
Well I may slip HALF way, after all, I can only grow hair on HALF my head........I'm still here, just haven't had the urge or inspiration to build anything.....I prefer building in winter, takes care of cabin fever.

Ha Ha...great purchase KOTA!

Now you know why I like the Rat Finks so much. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...great purchase KOTA!

Now you know why I like the Rat Finks so much. :wink:
These things are unbelievably COMFORTABLE!......I had no idea! Already put 30 miles on them. I opted for the 21D because there are some hills around where we ride, plus it came with front suspension. I've already measured the space for 26 X 3 tires :D . Maybe new paint next year........I want to put it at the foot of my bed, like a "favorite" dog.......Wife says "NO".

Back