Elgin Black Hawk & Columbia Twin Bar both READY TO RIDE !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What a crazy week frist I buy a Elgin Black Hawk then Im offered this Columbia Twin Bar bike ..
I have never had the chance to buy either one or see one in person Then I get both in a week . :mrgreen: .Any one out there know How the heck do you get the Tank off of this Columbia?? The tank looks similar to a Columbia or Elgin Hanging tank with no top bracket to hold it on. The Tank has what looks like a Key hole on the right upper portion I tried a small screw driver.( very carefully & only for one try with no luck ) I suspect it needs a key.. Please any help on how to remove the tank would be greatly appriciated ..

DSC00060_zpsc9b12f3c.jpg

DSC00066_zps8243d8eb.jpg

DSC00070_zps34e92fbd.jpg

DSC00058_zps09cdf2af.jpg

Day light before photo..

DSC00080_zps0f1cc50a.jpg

Below is updated photos of the Columbia .. I Just need to add pedals & its ready to ride .. The speedo should work fine once I add a cable the clock is just for looks ..bummer .. But Im supprised I got this far on this bike .. :D

DSC00093_zps37bf2660.jpg

DSC00097_zpsce4cc870.jpg

DSC00096_zpsf35640e5.jpg

The Black Hawk is just about finished ... :mrgreen:

DSC00105_zps893f41ca.jpg

DSC00107_zps5962d297.jpg

DSC00110_zpsddfb9229.jpg

DSC00109_zps64740aba.jpg

Re: Columbia Twin Bar & a Elgin Black Hawk

Yeah tanksalot...here's how you do it. Find a big box &... SHIP THAT BAD BOY TO ME!!! I"LL TAKE CARE OF IT FOR YOU!!! :shock: Nice pick'in brother...Pappy 8)

Sweet scores!!!

Wow--there are not many original dashboard bikes floating around. Amazing.

Yessir, that Columbia is supppeerrrrr sweet. It's going to look great all cleaned up. That dash and headlight are BANK. 8)

Thanks for the Complements everyone.. I found the key to remove the tank on the Columbia...The tank is off the Columbia bike & it now has wheels to roll on & the cleaning / restoration process has started on both of my new finds ..The forks are now chrome on the Elgin Black Hawk after removing the paint that was on the fork..... :D This is going to take some time ... :roll:

Both great scores. I am sure you will have fun with both of these bikes. They will be ready for another 50 years now.

Jaxon said:
Both great scores. I am sure you will have fun with both of these bikes. They will be ready for another 50 years now.
Thanks, I hope they will last a while .. This is going to be interesting for sure to restore both of these at the same time..
I had a build off bike planned but I may have to sit out & watch the build off this time around .Or enter one of these as a restoration build ..

Re: Columbia Twin Bar READY TO RIDE & a Elgin Black Hawk

Heres the Columbia as of 5/28 I still have stuff to do like get the light & horn working adjust the bars & seat to my liking & add pedals. But Its all greased / cleaned enough for now I didnt want to over do anything.. :D

DSC00093_zps37bf2660.jpg

DSC00097_zpsce4cc870.jpg

DSC00096_zpsf35640e5.jpg

Man...I love it. Now get her a pretty ring and settle down.

What a beauty!!!!

I wanted to comment on how awesome this bike is, but I didn't know what to write.

Latest posts

Back