Elgin Skylark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this bike out of Michigan last weekend. I love the scooped fenders and frame :) I just bought the correct pedals and I can't wait to get those put on the bike and get some good pictures!
skylark.jpg

sklark2.jpg

skylark3.jpg

I will get some better pics up soon but these are the only ones I have right now of the speedometer and the front piece. The seat is a leaf-spring seat like the Elgin Bluebird. Of which I am looking for one for my other incomplete Skylark so if you have one, I would be very interested :)

Please ignore all the replies you get recommending that you strip off the fenders and skirt guards and put ape hanger bars on it. That is a beautiful bike.Good find.

OUTSTANDING piece of Art Deco Art, Ha ha ha!

I have seen this frame before, but never with all the correct pieces parts on it. When you get the pedals on it don't do what i do and take pics with lousy backgrounds, bring it outside in the sun and snap a couple of pics that really do the bike justice. Can't wait to see more!

Joe

Another happy Elgin owner!

We should of had border checks to keep that one in Michigan! (Only so I could buy it). Beautiful bike. Good find. Does the seller have any more goodies in a barn?

:shock: :shock:! what a bute! everything about that bike is absolutely gorgeous! those fender braces are cool as heck. and that seat? can we get some close pics of that? whats goin on with that stem? so jealous!

The forks are suh weet. I need mre photos too!! show me the goose neck/handle bar stem please. It looks interesting. I can't stop looking at this bike. What a cool design. so much detail.

Easily one of the top 10 most stunning balloon bike designs ever....and not all picked over. What a great score.

keep that bike like it is till your 80 yrs old then sell it... you could retire on that sale!!! super nice bike!

Back