Emjae Ryden check it out MORE PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am new to RRB but I have been messing around with bikes and other stuff for a long time and wanted to share some pics and stories of what I have done its on facebook just search "emjae ryden" and check it out. Its a page I built just for projects. Let me know what you think.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emjae-Ryd ... &filter=12
Picture057.jpg

Picture098.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture060.jpg

I can appreciate the alternating spokes, and I really like the flaked scallops. The "fauxtina" random sand-throughs on the bottom bike look too artificial for my taste.

Funny, I love the white one. I have some custom guitar fuzz pedals finished the same way, different colors.

"Fauxtina" I like that. I am going to name the bike that. This is my first distressed look paint job so they will get better. The easiest one to do was the white one. Tearing down, painting spokes and rim, then relacing the wheels and painting the rest of the bike was a bit time consuming, I am glad its appriciated. Thanks

Nice bikes !, I know what you mean about time consuming, I've painted just spokes and its a lot of time and tape I use a paper hole punch for the tape around the spokes. The fauxtina I don't mind at all, its an idea you tried out Not bad !, they have been using that idea on houses for a long time: scape away the stucco, leave exposed brick in just certain area's etc.The blue scallops are really cool, I've been staring at one of my bikes w/ that idea. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Study some ebay pics of old, beat-up bikes for sale. You'll see where they see wear, how the paint was worn/damaged, and your next distressed paint job will be much better for it. The chainstays and fork legs take a beating, but unless somebody was riding with a chain/lock banging around on the bike, the seat tube rarely sees much wear. I've been recreating wear and weathering on scale models for years, and a few photos of real faded, chipped, rusty junk are really useful when it's time to weather stuff up.

Thanks I will do a little more research next time, it was kind of a by the cuff thing this time. I think it came together well though and it is still my favorite one so far.

outsider13 said:
Nice bikes !, I know what you mean about time consuming, I've painted just spokes and its a lot of time and tape I use a paper hole punch for the tape around the spokes. The fauxtina I don't mind at all, its an idea you tried out Not bad !, they have been using that idea on houses for a long time: scape away the stucco, leave exposed brick in just certain area's etc.The blue scallops are really cool, I've been staring at one of my bikes w/ that idea. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Thanks, there most deffintly will be more to come.

Back