Emory Tall Boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored another Emory Giant Frame w/ Tange "1C" (built in March of '81) tube forks, to now make 3 project Emorys in my stable.

You lucky doggggg.... any chance you could send me some of your scraps? Been eyeing up a M2600; about to pay Worksman 200bucks for a frame, factory direct...

Is that the 24" seat-tube Emory? It looks HUGE.... Nice find!:thumbsup::113::rockout:

You lucky doggggg.... any chance you could send me some of your scraps? Been eyeing up a M2600; about to pay Worksman 200bucks for a frame, factory direct...

Is that the 24" seat-tube Emory? It looks HUGE.... Nice find!:thumbsup::113::rockout:

Thanks, thought I was getting just a frame but the seller told me by phone while on my way to his house, that he also had the forks & chain guard. The Tange tube forks w/ the chrome end caps are my favorite to run on '80s cruisers.
Seat tube actual measurement is 21" from end to end of the tube itself. My M2600s measure 19.5" there.
I do have a M2600 Worksman frame posted on Norfolk, VA Craigslist. I'd figured it probably won't sell 'til spring. Bought it new in 2010 as a complete bike with their alloy rims. Took 'em forever to ship it to me. I'm running the rims on that light blue M2600 frame, the 1st one I had powder coated.

how were you able to date the frame and fork?
Those Tange BMX style tube forks are stamped right above the lower bearing race. Of course you have to take them off the frame to see it. These said "Tange 1C Japan" which I am told the 1C means they were made in 1981, the 3rd month (March). The guy I bought the frame from said he bought it around 1980.

Hey Mark..
What forks are on the red frame cruiser.?
They are the originals and came on the first early hand-made Emorys. Clayton at Emory calls these the "Ashtabula" forged fork, heard them called the bladed fork as well.

Back