engineering and design at its finest.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats just bad to the bone, engine sure looks small to have that kind of displacement. Thats a good ole white nuckle ride for sure, I think theres one over in builds right now under construction, Australian member I believe.

I've posted this before. But, it's relevent and impresses me enough to post again here:
98-15441_640.jpg

Glenn Curtiss started building motorcycles the same year as Indian, and was already an established bicycle builder/racer at the time. In 1907, he became the "Fastest Man on Earth", with this 4000cc V8 bike - 136 MPH on Ormond Beach. In 1907.

gcrank1 said:
4K cc's
Them ol' boys had 'no limits' thinkin'!
Well, that and the engine was developed for aircraft use. Curtiss just needed a ground-based test bed. But that's the kind of engineer - and crazy person - he was (also see his "Wind Wagon" used for propeller testing)... :mrgreen: Really, though, I've come to think that 100 years ago, bicycle and motorcycle racing were essentially extreme sports. They're common place today, but at the time, they were the equivalent of the X-games.

Latest posts

Back