English Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I' m getting this bike ready for our Pub Pedal's upcoming Tandem Night. It's an old English made lugged frame and even has an eccentric bb.

You might remember this from when I got it in the Fresh Finds thread.
pic001.jpg

I changed out the wheels, seats and bars. Not for sure if I'll do much more. It's a nice riding bike. More so than our other two.
tandem_straight_bar1.jpg

tandem_straight_bar2.jpg

Looks good with the handlebar and seat change. Does it have a way to tension the sync chain?

way better, i like that. are you running the same tooth count front an stoker an larger to the rear? i ve not seen a set up like that. very nice.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.
OUTLAW said:
way better, i like that. are you running the same tooth count front an stoker an larger to the rear? i ve not seen a set up like that. very nice.

Outlaw :mrgreen:
I believe so. It's the way I got it and I assume original.

Cman said:
Looks good with the handlebar and seat change. Does it have a way to tension the sync chain?
The eccentric bottom bracket is what tensions the chain. I've yet to play with it but looks like I need to. I think it's like a bottom bracket within a bottom bracket that can be moved back and forth. I'll get a pic if I think about it.

I love the look of the first way you changed it. Here is a pic of a similar bike at the Lake Pepin 3 Speed Tour I was on 2 weekends ago. It had the same front crank. It may be the same bike as yours. This one was a Saxon made in England.
CIMG3784.jpg

Tea? Maybe a pint of ale.

For those that were cringing... tonight I swapped everything back to this.

tandem_straight_bar1.jpg

I think the old bike deserved better than the funky look I was going for.

I have a few details I'd like to add but only got one more day so I doubt they'll get done.

hey Locojoe, I like that look better. Classic. I been working on my old home made tandem we tried to ride last year, its got new tires, so I hope we dont get a flat again, and I made some other enhancements too. As always Im looking forward to seeing you and yours and everybody else on tandems or singles on Thursday. Lets ride Lets ride.

Back