UNLIMITED Escalation!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm naming this bike Escalation because I went digging in the shed and now I really want to get this built! It's a frame I forgot I had mocked up with a blown donut spare tire and a 12" rim. I'll need to see if I have a 12" front rim, and I got some good donut spares from someone at work. I think I'll widen the frame and convert a donut spare into a 5 spoke bike wheel. Always wanted to to try that.

The front forks/steering is going to be a bit of a feat. The handlebars are going to mount on the seat tube and connect with linkages to the front fork like a cargo bike. At the front for it to steer correctly I might turn on two axis? One vertical at the head tube and one at an angle to put some lean into the front tire.

The other main modification will be moving the bottom bracket up on the seat tube so the pedals clear the ground.
IMG_20240522_174731550.jpg
IMG_20240523_143311116.jpg
Screenshot_20240522-194237-187.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awesome dragster idea!!

1716676157487.png

I'm naming this bike Escalation because I went digging in the shed and now I really want to get this built! It's a frame I forgot I had mocked up with a blown donut spare tire and a 12" rim. I'll need to see if I have a 12" front rim, and I got some good donut spares from someone at work. I think I'll widen the frame and convert a donut spare into a 5 spoke bike wheel. Always wanted to to try that.

The front forks/steering is going to be a bit of a feat. The handlebars are going to mount on the seat tube and connect with linkages to the front fork like a cargo bike. At the front for it to steer correctly I might turn on two axis? One vertical at the head tube and one at an angle to put some lean into the front tire.

The other main modification will be moving the bottom bracket up on the seat tube so the pedals clear the ground.View attachment 267105View attachment 267106View attachment 267107

That is so mean looking!!! 👏👏👏
Btw, a 16" motorcycle tire will fit on a 20" bicycle rim. I know the math doesn't seem to math, but motorcycle tires measure size by inner diameter, bicycle tires by outer diameter.

Btw, a 16" motorcycle tire will fit on a 20" bicycle rim. I know the math doesn't seem to math, but motorcycle tires measure size by inner diameter, bicycle tires by outer diameter.

Yes, 16" motorcycle tires fit well on 20"x4" OCC Chopper StingRay bicycle rear rims.

121373929_1288148888193059_9093248300533735775_n.jpg

It’s kind of odd that you’d mention that. My Suzuki FA50 Shuttle underbone/no-ped isn’t much larger than a BMX bicycle

Welcome to the RRB Build Off fun! Very kool idea on this build.

RaT oN~!

How's this fatty coming along?

Homer Simpson GIF

Back