ESSO Tiger Grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found these at a bike grave yard, they were buried under a pile of rusty scrap. I have seen pictures before but have no idea what they are worth... Does anyone know if these are rare collectibles or run of the mill add-on accessories.

Thanks for the help

ESSOTigerGrips003.jpg

ESSOTigerGrips002.jpg

I DONT THINK THIER WORTH MUCH :roll: BUT I'LL GIVE TRIPLE OF WHAT YOU PAID :lol: LOL JIS KIDDIN THOSE ARE WAY COOL GRIPS!!!

You see them come up on ebay every once in a while. They can fetch as much as $100 for NOS from what I have seen, but usually more like $50 for used. Those cleaned up nice.

To bad you didn't live closer to me. I could of helped you with a bike like that, I have a Rocky Mountain Vertex30 that I hate. I bought the bloody thing used it a few times and that was it. I disslike new bicycles lol

Hsean said:
To bad you didn't live closer to me. I could of helped you with a bike like that, I have a Rocky Mountain Vertex30 that I hate. I bought the bloody thing used it a few times and that was it. I disslike new bicycles lol
How much you looking to get rid of it for?
Let me know

Pm sent so that I don't interfear with the awesome grips. i've never seen grips like that, pretty cool.

Yeah, Sorry about that

As a far as i know, Tiger grips are sought after, I couldnt even tell you how much theyre worth though...

Ive only seen them in person once, on a show bike
I had cobra head grips, sold them to a fellow ratrodbiker a few months ago

These are amazing. Is it the same Esso that made marine engine oils? I have a collection of Yachting magazines 1930s through 1950s. There are some really cool Dr. Seuss illustrated adverts for engine oils in them that remind me of the style of these. you should look them up. that 40s comic advert look could be a great inspiration for a bike

Latest posts

Back