Estate Find 5.00 Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this very clean FS3 Freespirit 3 speed from the estate of an old man who was being put in assisted living and family was selling off everything. Bike was thick with dust where it sat in garage for years. Everything works and has a speedo too. Had it on CL for several days for 30.00 but no interest. Who made these Freespirits that had the 3 piece cranks?

Sears sold them not sure who built them but they where a sears brand bike

wheelhorseman said:
Some internet research says it may be a Puch. Rhymes with what I think of it.
I was going to say that looks like a smaller model of the Puch I have, great quality bike.
By the way it is apparently pronounced pook like book as opposed to what you thought...

Luke.

It sure did clean nicely.

The companies full name use to be Steyr-Daimler-Puch. It was a Austrian conglomerate that manufactured a wide variety of items through its history including military hardware under the very old Steyr division. The companies divisions have been broken up. I'm not aware of any piece of the old corp that has anything to do with bicycles anymore but I'm not for certain either. The way the company was parted out from the 1980's through the 2000's makes it difficult to track what was what, and what is now. :roll:

Latest posts

Back