Etta ( completed front fork with assembly and a mock-up!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang!!! new that cast was bad just was not looking for it I actually thought and disregarded pot metal due to the age of the springs but did not think of cast!!!!!!! a error I will not be forgetting:);):dance2:

looks like Jats has some rolling issues...
nt3227.jpg

well! I am finally back on the build!!!! My daughter is done with graduation, Have been real busy at work getting needed training etc. and had some xtra shifts to boot!! Soooooo here is what I got done today.

did not like the look of the massive bolt on the leaf spring so made a nylon spacer so I could use a smaller bolt.

removed the cast iron spacers and made some new ones.

Like the look of the smaller bolt and the lighter looking spring bar mounts. also tipped the rockers more to improve the height and the handling. the action of the spring is much better then at the flatter angle!!!!

(Art shot)

have a hole day tomorrow to work on Etta so should get allot done!!!!

Troy

started the day by visiting Swift steel

hoping that I can turn this into a usable fuel tank. any one have a easy way to bend and shape metal?

stripped down my old KingSting ( I have other plans for Him!)

got some advice from George

did a matching goose neck assembly

final assembly and adjust on the front disk

did a mock up of stuff

decided to add a tipped back seat post and not stretch the rear triangle, love the way it rides with the changes to front suspension ! it feels real stable and the suspension makes the ride very comfortable.

cut the seat tube and capped the hole then reinforsed the funny welds next to the seat tube.

I really wish my welder had more power setting then just hi and low!

so back to work tomorrow will be back in 4 days!!! oh Momma jats will get some shop time in also:)

Troy

Looks like a lot of motorized builds in this years build-off,also trikes.
Last year was Klunkers.
She's lookin good Jats:113:

That fork is so cool. Dig the action video!

Thanks!! am so glad that its coming together, the next test ride should be a blast!!!!!!!!

Troy

Latest posts

Back