EVANS "Perp"-- got apes, waiting on springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evansheadbadge-vi.jpg

Got this EVANS cruiser about 10 years ago, and finally getting around to building it up. Think it's a 1956 or so, and the chrome wheels are pretty much toast, so....
LadiesRocketbyMonark-vi.jpg

....I'm using the wheels, and whatever else I can, off this ladies Rocket by Monark.
atitlookslikeformerRocketfront-vi.jpg

Wire brushed the front wheel yesterday and squirted some purple on it--- not sure if I'm gonna keep the wheels purple, but......
mockupmaybeapehangers-vi.jpg

Was gonna wire and squirt the back wheel today, but I was anxious to see what it'd look like, and did a mockup. Needs a chain, new front axle, some kinda seat post so's I can slide that kool TRAC seat back. Heading to the LBS tomorrow, hoping Jeff can slick me up, and maybe even find an old vintage springer out back.
Whatever, right now I just wanta get it rideable, then maybe go for the springer, ape hangers, etc.

Re: EVANS "Perp"

Been getting some work done on the 'PERP'.....
hopetoachievethis-vi.jpg

Love the springs hanging down from this seat off a TRAC beach cruiser, so I figured I gotta find a way to use it. Didn't care for the big TRAC out back so I offed the soft squishy stuff-- going hardcore :D
2-vi.jpg

Took awhile, and quite a few brain cells, but I devised a devious kinda seat mount. First step was to cut a piece of good old Schwinn crank :mrgreen: ....
3-vi.jpg

....bang it into shape and fit it over top of the fender mount on the frame, so.....
4-vi.jpg

....the modified seat post would have something to sit on, and bolt to. Also, sat the nose of the seat right down tight on top of the seat post tube and secured it with a 'nose bolt' :wink:
5-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

:lol: 8) My kinda ratty look, and test ride revealed a very cool rubbing on tire at times 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Not sure if this EVANS had a tank on it, saw a screw hole up under top tube, but figured I'd see about maybe 'tanking' it :?: :?
8-vi.jpg

Cut some 'tank' sides out of poster board......
12-vi.jpg

...and using some double sided tape, taped the poster board to the tubes.
7-vi.jpg

Liking it 8) , but gotta see it all one color.......
13-vi.jpg

.... so I tore it apart and gave it a quik squirt of some kinda PERP-le color.
14-vi.jpg

Tried some little apes-- eh, comfy, but just don't seem to fit, so....
15-vi.jpg

Went back and got the bigger apes :) and they were just right! 8) :)
17-vi.jpg

18-vi.jpg

Did some sittin' & grinnin' 8) :)

Waiting for the repop springer to show to see what happens next. Probably gonna get that old Monark coaster rebuilt, coz I really gotta stand on it to get it to stop :shock: :D

Back