Ever hate that nice original paint look? '41 Westfield Rustoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well I picked up this beautiful 41 Westfield about a month ago now....The nice original paint wasn't really doing it for me, so I let it sent out in the rain with a daily salt water bath...

Before!

P3040201_zps1b4b3626.jpg

After!! Isn't that much better!

Cool Right?

Okay okay...all jokes aside. "panelman" shipped this baby to me last week. After a thorough cleaning and clear coating..I've now got a nice rat version of my nice Westfield. Considering this one came out of the Tropic state of Florida the rust was nice and juicy!

Before...
IMG_1250_zpsf4852ffe.jpg

After...

Aw man, I didn't know you got that bike! I knew when I saw it what could be done with it. But, I already have more bikes than I want. :rolleyes:

Looks great!

You had me a few seconds there. I was trying to think of a polite way to say FTW!!!

yup, for 3-1/2 seconds, maybe 4, my brain was struggling with what to reply. I do like the rusty one better.

When I just read the initial paragraph I was thinking "What has this dumb kid done to my old bike?:confused:"
I have to say I almost like the patina version more! Did you break it down and service all of the bearings or does it ride like your old Hiawatha?:acute:

No this one has a very nice roll to it now. Clean bearings and races with new grease. I'll have it at Cleveland so you can give it a go.

You should have seen the bearing in the Speed Chief :acute:

Whoa, talk about perfect patina!!:13: Looks real nice, Tyler. You definitely know what your doing when it comes to preserving history! :dontmentionit:

So cool to have the pristine version and the patina version of essentially the same bike. Can you post a side-by-side pic?

So cool to have the pristine version and the patina version of essentially the same bike. Can you post a side-by-side pic?

Sure! The weather has turned off bad today. I'll have to do it later this week!

Whoa, talk about perfect patina!!:13: Looks real nice, Tyler. You definitely know what your doing when it comes to preserving history! :dontmentionit:
Wow! Thanks! Much Appreciation!

Latest posts

Back