ever made a bolt together springer fork?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone ever taken 2 forks and made a bolt-together springer fork? im gonna make one but i'd like to see some ideas first. i have a double crown fork and a regular fork both 1" head tubes, i can fabricate the drop out easy enought but i'd like some ideas for the top half. anyone?
fast eddie

hey eddie,
This isn't my bike (wish it was), I think I snagged the pic off of Tretharley.de. Looks like a pretty straight forward design. The tops are attached by a dogbone shaped bracket and some simple rockers at the axle. Good luck with yours!
3647071309_fb15a23fb7_b.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

wow i wish i could see the top mount on that thing thats sweet i got two 26 inch blade fork i can use for something like this :wink: wonder what it would like with the fork turned the other way.. thanks for the pic and thats a very cool bike there...

Here is something I was experimenting with a while back.

springer020.jpg

FWIW, Ive seen some nice, heavy duty rockers available somewhere, maybe 'custommotoredbicycles.com' (?).
I like the look when the front fork is smaller tubes, the proportions work better for me.
I am intrigued by that 'reverse' example; when you start running the 'trail' factors it possibly retains better geometry ? Im leery about getting an axle too far forward from the fork head line.

My design is based on what fits and what I had laying around. The piece at the top of the steer tube is a chunk of the frame the shock was originally connected to. The rockers are what the other end of the shock were connected to. The only welding I had to do was to connect the shock to the trimmed down front fork, which actually fit in pretty nicley.

freebikes026.jpg

springer004.jpg

Currently this contraption is mocked up on one of my side projects that has been collecting dust for a while. I call it the Clunk GT

Copyofgtclunk002.jpg

Copyofgtclunk001.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Since the light blue fork 'moves' with the axle, would the canti brakes work?

That was my thought when I left them on there. I ground off the ones on the back fork. I have been tempted a couple of times to rob this project of its fork and the bars, but for now the Clunk GT is still "on the table".

hola eddie,
Esta no es mi bicicleta (ojalá lo fuera), creo que saqué la foto de Tretharley.de. Parece un diseño bastante sencillo. Las tapas están unidas por un soporte en forma de hueso de perro y unos simples balancines en el eje. ¡Buena suerte con el tuyo!
3647071309_fb15a23fb7_b.jpg

Salud,
doctor t
Saludos amigo..., cuantos grados de inclinacion aguanta este tipo de horquilla?..., quiero hacer una bici "lowrider"..., y quiero hacer una horquilla de ese tipo pero si se queda en 50 grados de inclinación, se puede hacer? ? Saludos desde Ecuador-Venezuela!!!

Latest posts

Back