Evolution of an S10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd show some pictures of my 88 S10 starting with the day I bought it 9 years ago, to the way it looks now. Thanks, Dean
The day I bought it. Paid 900.00 for it, sold the wheels for 200.00
r0300115.jpg

Lowered with Rally wheels and flames
r0301104.jpg

Laying out the flames
r0300603.jpg

r0300608.jpg

With the wide whites
CIMG0643.jpg

The V8 700R4 swap
100_1515.jpg

100_1514.jpg

With the 1" whitewalls I just put on,
100_1510-1.jpg

100_1511-1.jpg

Next to my Toyota
100_1440-1.jpg

100_1439-1.jpg

The interior. Still need to spray the dash, maybe this winter
100_1512.jpg

The red paint is factory paint. Only options are Ac and power brakes. Oh, I drive this everyday except in the winter, that's what the Toyota's for.

:shock: how much fun is that thing!! looks tough..

I was thinkin about doin a V8 swap in my 84 when the 3rd..yes 3rd POS 5 speed was on its way out, then some gal T-boned me and that was that.. :lol:

I'm digging it w/the skinny ww's! Several years ago, I got a ride in an x-cab S-10, with a 406 small block!! :shock: That was the most insanely powered vehicle I've ever rode in! -Adam

I have the billet dash inserts if you want them. never used them...
I'll have to scan some photos of my S10 blazer to show you guys 8)
pm me your shipping address, and you can just owe me one (for the shipping)
probably send it in a flat-rate box.

nice truck!

Whatever happened to all the V8 Vegas? I remember seeing them everywhere. Cool little cars, I always wanted one, and a Pinto too.

They're all either $30,000.00 Pro Street cars or hacked up race cars. The only ones I ever see stock are the Cosworth Vegas, and those guys think they're worth a small fortune. I went and looked at a Cosworth a few years back but it had a bunch of rust. The guy wanted 10 grand for it and I laughed. When I told him I wanted to cut it up to put a V-8 and wheeltubs in it he looked like he was going to cry.
Pintos are cool too, but you never ever see them for sale. The ones that didn't get turned into drag cars got built up as Ministocks.
There's a company down here in Florida called U.S. Body Source that builds a fiberglass replica of the Vega wagon...I've thought about building one a few times.

There's a early Vega for sale in Kensington,CT and I'll bet it has a V8 in it !Let me know if you're interested and need the #.
As for Pintos, they are in Danbury,CT. I found an '80 wagon souped up with a 5.o motor.He said it was not for sale,but he
had a clean '76 he was selling,a V6 ! Another wagon,excuse me,PANEL DELIVERY !!. :shock: That was alittle rusty (lower pts)
but great looker.Then he says if I want economy he also has a'74 PD with a 4 banger for parts :roll: Then his story got weird
but I did see 2 of the 3 so ask for more info if you need. Hope this helps.....Stevil

scrumblero said:
:shock: how much fun is that thing!! looks tough..

I was thinkin about doin a V8 swap in my 84 when the 3rd..yes 3rd POS 5 speed was on its way out, then some gal T-boned me and that was that.. :lol:
probley not as fun as the toyota.... :shock:

Back