EX- wife returned bike today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been divorced since 2001 & my former brother in-law asked when I was going to take the bike out of his basement? I explained I had left it with my X. I emailed her a week later and asked if I could take the Hiawatha bike I had left her and she said sure, "I never rode it". Brought it home tonight!!! very excited!
DSC_0031_zps17fc10c5.jpg

DSC_1280_zps696e486d.jpg

DSC_1258_zps551d690f.jpg

Its probably best I didn't take the bike all those years ago, cause I likely would have sold it off or gave to a girlfriend etc.. Who knows? But now, I will clean it up and my current wife will have a bike she can ride along with me.
DSC_1276_zpsdba6ee50.jpg

Don't you think it might be a little dangerous giving the ex-wifes bike to the new wife? I am not a marriage counselor but I have been to see one a couple of times, and that may be one of those things that comes back to haunt you. Gals seem to have a way of keeping track of all the inconsiderate stuff that you did without letting you know that it bugged them in the first place.
Then when the feces hits the fan they bring out the laundry list :mrgreen:

2manybikes said:
Don't you think it might be a little dangerous giving the ex-wifes bike to the new wife? I am not a marriage counselor but I have been to see one a couple of times, and that may be one of those things that comes back to haunt you. Gals seem to have a way of keeping track of all the inconsiderate stuff that you did without letting you know that it bugged them in the first place.

Thought the same as you 2many.
But Steve, you can leave it there and if she pic's it up and ride it, you'll be off the hook :wink:

It's a really nice bike, who cares about the history, I'd be stoked to get it and I'd ride the wheels off of it...and I'm a guy!

2manybikes said:
Nah, its not dangerous! Heck I gave the second wife the first wifes engagement ring! Oh wait.....Might want to hold off giving her that bike after all.....

Man you are lucky! My ex pawned every bike I ever sent my kids. Finally I had to arrange storage at a bicycle shop. $1000.00 dirt jumper will not be stolen from my boy, he might do something unreasonable.....

Hi , well my ex-wife and I didn't have kids and although we haven't spoke in years just an occasional email. I figured the worse she could say was no. Mikee, I have heard the horror stories that take place and the lack of civility that takes place and its sad cause in the end its the kids that get hurt or have to deal with the mixed messages. My wife now has no issues with the bikes history, she kicks my ... on cruises and I let her know that she has girl gears that allow her to pedal faster is all....

excelsior*steve said:
Hi , well my ex-wife and I didn't have kids and although we haven't spoke in years just an occasional email. I figured the worse she could say was no. Mikee, I have heard the horror stories that take place and the lack of civility that takes place and its sad cause in the end its the kids that get hurt or have to deal with the mixed messages. My wife now has no issues with the bikes history, she kicks my **** on cruises and I let her know that she has girl gears that allow her to pedal faster is all....
Girl gears..... :lol: :lol: :roll:

motorbikermark said:
2manybikes said:
Nah, its not dangerous! Heck I gave the second wife the first wifes engagement ring! Oh wait.....Might want to hold off giving her that bike after all.....
I gave my wife a ring that I had bought an Ex GF then asked for it back. It sat in a drawer for several years then I just decided SOMEBODY should wear it. I got it out, told here what it was, mentioned that it was diamond and platinum (which I think was the kicker) and she wears it all the time now. It had a meaning once that is now long gone so it's just a ring to her. Looks a lot better on this one too. :)

Back