EXTREME APES!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you always wanted the biggest apes you can get but they only make them so high or you can't afford big apes due to bike shops over pricing them?

Here's what I did, they are a bit heavy and take some getting used to but they are cheap to make and look great.

cart1.jpg

Sorry I don't have any pics of them on the bike, it was quite a few years ago before I had my digital camera.

Rat Rod said:
And you get a shopping car from where? :lol:

Actually I bought it from a department store owner that had gone out of business. :wink:

CCR said:
theyre selling the old home depot shopping carts for $10 a piece right on the side of the highway here :lol:

Cool, well you can have a set of apes and make a trailer or shop cart out of the rest.

shifterbrains said:
That's a great idea! Know what the o. diameter is??

Depends on what kind of shopping cart you get.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Rat Rod said:
And you get a shopping car from where? :lol:
Throw a hook strong enough to pull something into the rivers around here-You get tons

My friend threw a grappling hook in, pulled out 10 shopping carts, three bikes, and a propane tank

Lol sounds like around here, it's sad to see people treat the rivers and creeks like that, I've pulled a few bikes and mopeds out of the wildcat creek here myself.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Throw a hook strong enough to pull something into the rivers around here-You get tons

My friend threw a grappling hook in, pulled out 10 shopping carts, three bikes, and a propane tank
Your friend is in big trouble, Dingo.....I hear there's a 3 cart (per day) fishing limit in Michigan.

KOTA said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

Your friend is in big trouble, Dingo.....I hear there's a 3 cart (per day) fishing limit in Michigan.
Congress Bumped it up to 43 About a month ago. They realized the species was not in danger-and actually over-populating

TheFlyingDingo said:
KOTA said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

Congress Bumped it up to 43 About a month ago. They realized the species was not in danger-and actually over-populating

LOL, that bad huh?

Our local grocery store was bought out and the new store sat all of the old carts in the back. I'm waiting for the manager to let me know if I can score one or two of them! :) I'd like to cut one up for some apes like this, and use one as a bike trailer. I have an old child carrier torn apart for parts!

iq95vo.jpg

Great idea you have for the handlebars. I scored on a small cart from a pharmacy that was bought out by another and am gonna make a trailer with it. here is he mockup for now untill i get more materials to finish it. it uses the 12 inch wheels from a push scooter. I had it put aside all summer so i can keep myself busy during the cold months.

Meeba said:
iq95vo.jpg

Great idea you have for the handlebars. I scored on a small cart from a pharmacy that was bought out by another and am gonna make a trailer with it. here is he mockup for now untill i get more materials to finish it. it uses the 12 inch wheels from a push scooter. I had it put aside all summer so i can keep myself busy during the cold months.

That handle would make an awesome long reach cruiser bar with a cross brace!

Back