Fact or faked?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was looking at this Schwinn Stingray Mini twin, I was wondering if this is true or if it's just someone's wicked cool creation? What is it worth? I have never seen or heard of one. I'm not looking to buy it unless he drops a zero from the price but I'd love to replicate one.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/bik/2687010282.html

DSCN0776.jpg

Cool, I'm thinking of making a replica, I can get girl's Schwinns a dime a dozen. I'm overdue to get a welder and get back into building some sweet custom bikes, I am itching to build something, not to mention I love making the Schwinn enthusiasts cringe by cutting them up and modifying them to my liking. I just can't see spending more for a bicycle than I paid for my car. :mrgreen:

The guy who parked next to me at the Swap Meet in Hurst last month had two of them in coppertone.

I think I overheard him say he wanted something like $1200 each for them. :shock:

DSC_0007.jpg

Rat Rod said:
The guy who parked next to me at the Swap Meet in Hurst last month had two of them in coppertone.

I think I overheard him say he wanted something like $1200 each for them. :shock:

Steve your girls would of looked great riding those COPPERTONE bikes. :wink:

That Coppertone does look nice. I might have to build two of them, one in Coppertone and one Campus Green.

I've always liked these. Having a short wife, I thought this would be an easier ride for her. Also, storing it would be easier too!

I've even started the conceptual design of one using a Sting-Ray and and a Lil' Chik. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stingraytandemconcept.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

I wouldn't chop an original stingray frame, too valuable. A girl's frame I'd chop, a brat's lowrider bike....by all means chop chop, same look less of a loss.

If I had BFKs I'd chop 'em up, I tried to sell mine for so long with no luck, and it was found in a trash pile, haha.

Back