Factory Hot Rod Schwinn Finished!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ocean Blue

rusty513 said:
P5210133-1.jpg

Cool. 8)
For a moment I too thought about doing this on my build, (for more backward space rather than dropping it) but I didn't had enough material for that...

Looks so cool with the fat tire in the back 8)

rusty513 said:
This stuff works awesome!!!!!! Spray it on & wipe it off in 10 minutes. Took the factory paint right off & saved me tons of time from sanding
P5210136-1.jpg

Shut up... I mean, oh that's so great for you. :x

(sorry, if you read my build thread you'd see the trouble I had trying to strip my paint)

Had to notch the chainguard so the fat tire would not rub.
P5230141.jpg

I primed the bike, wet sanded it, painted it & then used a can of clear gloss. It's not nearly as shiny as I wanted it but it still looks good.
P5230140.jpg

I'll have to space the sprocket out some too so it won't run on the tire.

Wow. I almost used that color on my ladies bike. Great job. Don't stop!

Cleaned up some crusty old bars with brillo pads & a wire brush on my drill & then cut off about 2 inches of the ends of the bars & painted some old off white grips with black fabric paint.
P5250145.jpg

This bike has taken somewhat of a different direction from when I first started out so I'm changing the name of my build to "Factory Hot Rod Schwinn" Kind of keeping in as if Schwinn could have made this bike.

rusty513 said:
This bike has taken somewhat of a different direction from when I first started out so I'm changing the name of my build to "Factory Hot Rod Schwinn" Kind of keeping in as if Schwinn could have made this bike.

Very cool, rusty!
I love the subtleness of this one. Like Foose would say: "A model Schwinn COULD and SHOULD have made..." The color came out great. In fact, at the moment I'm thinking about a light blue for my build... But that won't happen anytime soon. I love the logos you did with the vinyl. Even smoother would be if you'd used the negative vinyl and sprayed em blue. But your way you can always change them. Again:
This is a very cool build.
8)

Re: Factory Hot Rod Schwinn (Ocean Blue)

Laser engraving a leather hub shiner
P5250146.jpg

The laser is cutting the leather now
P5250148.jpg

P5250149.jpg

Gotta have a Delta Rocket Ray on the Schwinn
P5250150.jpg

OK, vinyl cutter, laser cutter... what's your address, I'll be there soon!

yoothgeye said:
OK, vinyl cutter, laser cutter... what's your address, I'll be there soon!
Yeah I"m a graphic designer & am lucky enough to have those things in my office to use whenever I want.

Back