Fair price for my custom MBBO?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello folks!

Need to make some space for some new projects and am thinking of selling my build from the recent MBBO. It is the DeLorean themed Ross Apollo. Will embed a couple photos but check full album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141287585@N06/

My only problem being I have never sold a custom (only resto) so I have no idea how to interpret pricing.

Here's the specs:
-1976 Ross Apollo 3 speed, frame recently powder coated "Delorean" silver
-Original: seat, handlebars, sissy bar, rear reflector, rear fender, both rims, front hub, spokes, dia-comp brakes (new pads), and mostly original hardware
-New repro style cranks, bottom bracket, sproket
-Sturmey Archer 3 Speed hub dated 1975 and Sturmey Archer 3 speed shifter
-Rear double white line slick, front Kelly Springfield
-New stick on side reflectors
-New brake/shifter cables

Condition wise rides and displays great but has some small imperfections...

Handlebars and sissy bar have some scratches, fenders have very light surface scratches but still shine up nice, One tiny puncture in seat, a couple small chips in plastic shifter chrome, some wear on the tires but plenty of life left. Shifts okay but could use some fine tuning. Frame paint is brand new but I have put a couple small scratches on it mostly from putting the darn thing together. Scratches mostly around shifter area and underneath. Small crack, barely noticeable near the bottom headset cup.

Okay now for some quick pictures. See the above mentioned flickr acct for better upclose pictures of condition...

Thanks!!!!

I can't give you a valuation, but I still really dig this bike.

That being said, I think I'd price it close to what you'd price a restoration. The reason is because, it may not be restored but with the work it's a restomod.

As with anything, it's worth what someone is willing to pay; and you don't usually get your money back. I can't even say what I'd pay for it as I'm not a muscle bike guy, but I do like it and would be very happy to put it in the stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back