Fair price on a seat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So Ive pieced this thing from two seats, stripped it down, soaked it in acid to get rid of rust, painted it and recovered it in cow hide with a alligator pattern. What is it worth? Things that keep it from being A+ are notches in the lower frame, which are easy to clean up, and chrome springs are missing some chrome from when they were rusty, and its a mis match seat. I cleared the springs after soaking.

So whats a fair market price on this so I can get another and cover it in black instead of dark chocolate brown like I accidentally ordered. lol.

0102131627b.jpg

0102131627a.jpg

0102131627.jpg

0102131626b.jpg

0102131626a.jpg

0102131626.jpg

0101131843.jpg

I see junky seats on ebay that need a total resto listed for $75 +, that seems insane to me.

Nice job. You should get $40 or $50 I'd think. I like the gator hide, but you need to find a shorter bolt. Gary

I think it depends on the seat. Some are just flat out worth more and in more demmand. I have a couple of ratty seats that I would ask twice as much as a more common seat that I've restored.

Looks like a nice job on the seat....Price it slightly on the high side and then reduce the price till you get a sale!

Well I found a seat on a exercise bike today. So I dont have to sell this to fund another. So it will get set to the side for now till I find a bike for it. :D

Back