Fall Gravity Shootout 10/18/09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this is a GREAT time!! Bring your bikes, powerwheels, non motorized gravity powered vehicle and blast down a regulation soap box derby hill.

Just trying to get the word out, Here is the link for more info... http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/550-Fall-Gravity-Shoot-Out-10-18-09.html

Here is the link to the spring event... http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/511-Spring-Gravity-Shoot-Out.html

photo's here... http://locojoe.com/coasters/pages/p...Gravity_Shoot-Out/04-18-09_Gravity_Shoot_Out/

IMG_3651.JPG

oh man i gotta start something like that here. we have a newly paved soap box derby course at Hubbard Park.

65rat said:
Man the Fall Festival is that weekend too. Last car show of the season. Which to do?
Can you do the fall fest Saturday or are you already busy? Of course if you're going to the Partridge Pedal Party than you're busy Saturday.

I drug my racer out of storage today to air up the tires etc... That's when I noticed one of the new tires I bought for it last year had been skid on and burned through to the tube. Had to run and get a couple new tires. This makes the 3rd pair of tires I've bought for this stupid thing. Also when I went to shuffle tires around I went totake of a front whel and the axle nut broke in two. Never seen that happen.
I did tear the hubs apart and cleaned and greased them. Probably should have left the grease out. After last weekend I want to go fast!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
oh man i gotta start something like that here. we have a newly paved soap box derby course at Hubbard Park.
Ours is in baaad shape. A newly paved hill would be great!

ifitsfreeitsforme did you see this post? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20853

Hey randy! did you guys talk about putting an obstacle "hay bails" in the middle of the track so its not a drag race? or at least maybe drag race 1st and turns 2nd? just a thought, you guys know better!

PS. did thad go to Oklahoma gravity race? and where are the pics?

jon.

Jon,

The OKC gravity race was a blast! see Randy's post above for the link.

Hay bales??? in the middle of the track???? sounds like a death wish, these things run 30 mph and maybe a little more depending on the hill.

I know at the OKC event there were several crashes, and one person got run over at the finish (he was ok) trying to stop one of the racers from over-running the shutdown area and into cross traffic! He did get the car stopped... ala "Speed bump" style.

i'll look thank you.. that must have been ugly hope the guy didnt have to much road rash!
and yes hay!!! just enough for the slower guys to have a chance... :wink:
The Red Bull Gravity races have a chicane <--- spelling? in there races and there really fast... how about a small jump?

and were still thinking of comming down, depending on wet weather?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Ours is in baaad shape. A newly paved hill would be great!

ifitsfreeitsforme did you see this post? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20853[/quote]

no i hadn't seen that post - thanks for pointing it out. i really want to do this in my area. I am friends with the guys who run the soapbox derby in town. Maybe they'd be interested in helping me.

Latest posts

Back