Fall Surfing on Lake Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some fun waves on the Lake this week. Must of been 25 to 30 surfers in this one spot. Holland MI. Here's a couple of shots I took before hitting the water.

DSC_3369.jpg

DSC_3359.jpg

DSC_3325.jpg

DSC_3289.jpg

DSC_3313.jpg

Surf's up dude! Hard to believe thats fresh water. We had huge surf from Hurricane Earl that was breaking smooth and consistant. The rips and undertow's were intense. Where the waves are breaking is the bottom made up of shifting sand or is it all stony?

Graylock

I saw some shots of Long Island with Earl. Looked liked Oahu. You guys get it pretty good up there in New England. Some big breaks in Rhode Island too. This area where we are is all sand bars and beach breaks. Totally wind swell 90% of the time but the day of the photos, there was very little wind. We usually go until the Lake freezes over in Jan-Feb. Brrrr. Check out the post "New Years Day Surfing in MI" further down. MN on Lake Superior gets the biggest waves because of the rock bottoms. Come on out and surf sometime! Brian

outskirtscustoms said:
looks like fun, reminds me of Cali. Spent a few summers in Santa Cruz.
My uncle lives their. He said the waters so cold that you can't even put tour foot in it :| Wimp :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
looks like fun, reminds me of Cali. Spent a few summers in Santa Cruz.
My uncle lives their. He said the waters so cold that you can't even put tour foot in it :| Wimp :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it is a bit cold but who cares? you get used to it after a while.

Wow, I am a new guy on here from cali. I didn't even know that lakes had waves.... I guess I should of concidering the size..... I used to surf a little, and I am offically cali's worst surfer.

Back