Fancy Bicycle Racks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, locked to a gas pipe? I had a school yard type bike rack locked to a gas pipe behind our shop. One day I noticed the chain was cut. Next week the rack was gone. It later appeared in a used bike shop. One of our business partners went to confront the other shop owner but the rack didn't come back.

I'll call this rack "Cork Screw".

I look at commercial racks and wonder about how they are made and shipped. This one has another next to it. There might be more at other nearby schools so shipping wouldn't be too bad. I think they could nestle about 4 or 5 in a single crate. Nice stainless steel tubing.

Img_2437.jpeg

IMG_2438.JPEG

There is some bad suburban planning in this country. I took my car into the dealership for some work in Midlothian VA and planned to walk to lunch. There was 3 shopping centers and about a half dozen restaurants within 3/4 mile of the dealership. Zero sidewalks. There was no reasonably safe way to walk or bike to any of them. The only way to get from one place to the next was by car. Kind of a shame.
That happened to me variously in various states while working "out on the road" building fiber networks. There were several times I was stuck not far from relaxation. What he said, Joe.

Whoa, locked to a gas pipe? I had a school yard type bike rack locked to a gas pipe behind our shop. One day I noticed the chain was cut. Next week the rack was gone. It later appeared in a used bike shop. One of our business partners went to confront the other shop owner but the rack didn't come back.

I'll call this rack "Cork Screw".

I look at commercial racks and wonder about how they are made and shipped. This one has another next to it. There might be more at other nearby schools so shipping wouldn't be too bad. I think they could nestle about 4 or 5 in a single crate. Nice stainless steel tubing.

View attachment 272119
View attachment 272120
They probably come compressed in the box and two really big guys, not included, pull
the ends to the desired length. :D

Back