Farm finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I picked these up last night from a friend who is letting me park my old tractor at his place. He had 9 bikes in total, but I only took 3 which I thought may be worth anything. I may get the 10 speed, which is in good shape, next time I go back.

This one is rough. It's been sitting outside. I grabbed it because it was a skip tooth and had a couple interesting parts like the chain guard and truss rod forks. I think I'll break it down and chuck the frame which is really badly corroded. The chain is just solid.

dsc1081o.jpg

Anyone recognize this? It says "DUPLEX". Maybe that's french on the rest of it?

dsc1082x.jpg

This next one looks like a cheap girl's muscle bike. I really don't like how the frame is jointed. I don't see any welds. So, I'll probably just break this down as well. The chain is solid metal, but the rear hub shines when you wipe the dirt away, so I'll have to see what it is. The seat is a 'Persons', but it's been sitting out, so is weather beaten with a few scuffs and cracks. :?

dsc1083a.jpg

I can't read any of this headtube sticker. Anyone recognize it?

dsc1084m.jpg

I looked this little guy up lat night. A Murray Tricycle from the 60's. It needs a new front semi-pneumatic tire, which I don't know how to measure the size, and some love. I need to sit my daughter on it to see if she fits. She may be too big already (4). If she is, I'll just keep it as a slow project, and my wife will probably use it as a prop for her family photography business. Maybe one of my grandkids can have it? (You know you're old when...)

dsc1085mv.jpg

Thanks Cman. I knew this place would solve the mystery for me! Sizing check complete. She fits on it fine. So... teardown will start ASAP. Now I need to figure out how to recover that Troxel seat.

How to I measure the size of that front tire?

CRASH said:
Thanks Cman. I knew this place would solve the mystery for me! Sizing check complete. She fits on it fine. So... teardown will start ASAP. Now I need to figure out how to recover that Troxel seat.

20x1.75 on the front tire.

ozzynut2 said:
CRASH said:

20x1.75 on the front tire.
I just measured. Rim diameter is 13". Or should I measure the outside edges of the tire itself?

CRASH said:
This next one looks like a cheap girl's muscle bike. I really don't like how the frame is jointed. I don't see any welds.

Ha! I had to break down one of those frames once with the hidden joints. Unbelievably tough!

Latest posts

Back