Fat 26" whitewall options?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a good set of 26" whitewalls for my Schwinn Cruiser build, but would like to go with bigger than a 26x2.125 whitewall, maybe a 26x3? Most of the fat whitewalls I see are 24", are there any 26" options? And the big question, where can I buy them without paying a ridiculous amount?

I don't recall seeing any whitewalls bigger than 26 x 2.125.

Here's an option, if you don't have your wheels yet, consider a set of wider rims. I've seen a ton of bikes on the euro forum were they mount 'standard' balloon tires to 65mm (~2.5 in.) and 80mm (~3 in.)wide rims. This changes the profile of the tires dramatically and makes them look fatter and may offer more fender clearance as well.

Now, granted they are not cheap, but you could save $$$ using a commonly avaialble tire, which may fit into your 'overall' budget.
Just a thought.
Good luck.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Here's an option, if you don't have your wheels yet, consider a set of wider rims. I've seen a ton of bikes on the euro forum were they mount 'standard' balloon tires to 65mm (~2.5 in.) and 80mm (~3 in.)wide rims. This changes the profile of the tires dramatically and makes them look fatter and may offer more fender clearance as well.

you mentioned the euro forum... what is the url for this forum?

Back