Fat Chance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One of our fellow forum member posted a link to this and I bought it - just for the tires figuring I could swap them out for some BOA G tires and keep the Felts. The bike is flawless.

I immediately checked to see if the tires would fit between a set of Girvins buuuuuuut nope. Time for shopping for a suspension fork that will accommodate disc brakes and 26x4"
Tires.
d5490e0dab6bdbfec609b3cd4a70f9bf.jpg

3bafffd616edf290cba21e52b9e2a628.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the one I posted in the CL thread?
Glad you got it

You may want to take a look at the fatbike forks from rock shox or wren, only companies I know of making suspension forks for tires that wide!! I recently installed a wren fork on my bosses fattie, was the 150mm hub spacing version for up to 26x5" tires. They also make a 135mm hub spacing version that fits up to a 26x4". Probably an expensive route to go but the only thing I can think of to fit such a large tire, and they are disc brake compatible only. Using an inverted design as well, similar to a marzocchi shiver or manitou dorado, but single crown style.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

You may want to take a look at the fatbike forks from rock shox or wren, only companies I know of making suspension forks for tires that wide!! I recently installed a wren fork on my bosses fattie, was the 150mm hub spacing version for up to 26x5" tires. They also make a 135mm hub spacing version that fits up to a 26x4". Probably an expensive route to go but the only thing I can think of to fit such a large tire, and they are disc brake compatible only. Using an inverted design as well, similar to a marzocchi shiver or manitou dorado, but single crown style.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I already have a mind to take this thing apart and carry everything aluminum to the polisher, throw hydraulic disc brakes fore and aft, do a custom seat, decals, and a set of 3G adjustable handlebars.

- by Gigmata

Latest posts

Back