Fat Fink II - Bye Bye Fatty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fink - No BB Grease and Cross threaded bearing cup!

Rat Rod said:
Wow...that's interesting.

I order one from Texas and it ships from Illinois.

You order one from Georgia and it comes from California.

:? :? :?

I think my first one came from Illinois too.
This is probably from the second batch they got in from China which probably means that the Tire Plant smell will somehow be even STRONGER!!!! :p :shock:

Re: Fat Fink - No BB Grease and Cross threaded bearing cup!

kingfish254 said:
Rat Rod said:
Wow...that's interesting.

I order one from Texas and it ships from Illinois.

You order one from Georgia and it comes from California.

:? :? :?

I think my first one came from Illinois too.
This is probably from the second batch they got in from China which probably means that the Tire Plant smell will somehow be even STRONGER!!!! :p :shock:
Heck even the box smelled like a tire for the two days it sat in the house without the bike even in it. :mrgreen:

Re: Fat Fink II - Replacement Beast is on the way

My replacement Beastie will arrive tomorrow, just in time to sit in the box for at least a week.

While organize some stuff in my shop, I did come across a couple of possible chainrings I might use. The first is a "Pro Wheel" 32T and the second is a "RPM" 36T that has a built in chainguard. I can't remember how many teeth are on the stock cranks.

WP_001484.jpg

WP_001485.jpg

kingfish254 said:
My replacement Beastie will arrive tomorrow, just in time to sit in the box for at least a week.

While organize some stuff in my shop, I did come across a couple of possible chainrings I might use. The first is a "Pro Wheel" 32T and the second is a "RPM" 36T that has a built in chainguard. I can't remember how many teeth are on the stock cranks.

WP_001484.jpg

WP_001485.jpg
It is a 36T on the original...

Thanks, I'll probably go with the 32T anyway, unless I find some smaller chainrings to put on the aluminum 4 spoke crank.

I run a 32T on Fugsley, but I also have the option to use the 24T behind it.

54.jpg

Re: Fat Fink II - New Beast Has Landed - UPS Driver Hates Me

My replacement Beast arrived today. The UPS driver told me it broke the rules and his back. He even noticed that it said Beast on the box.
Like the others that are getting the second run of Beasts, mine came double boxed. First glance inside, it looks like everything is securely tied together and protected.

Re: Fat Fink II - RIDES AGAIN - 2 Foot Apes

I thought I was going to be able to let this was sit around, but I should have known better. It was stinking up the office, so I took it home.

They definitely have more grease in the second wave Beasts, but I still wiped it out and re-greased everything myself.

I put the 32T crank on and it made a big difference. I don't think I will bother with the rear cog.

I put my 24" apehanger on this and I love them on here!!!! I have the Rat Fink seat up about 3 inches higher than I need, so I can't touch the ground at a stop without stepping off the seat. But the ride at this height is perfect leg extension and perfect height for the apes too. The Rat Fink seat is super comfy, but man does it squeak and squeal.

There was still some daylight left so I threw on some lights and went for a photo ride. Here you go.

I couldn't resist the Fat Tire sign at Pinkie Masters

Found a new cool night spot for photos.

Looks good, I like the pic with the yield sign, looks like a reflector mounted between the bars .... Mine supposed to show tomorrow but track says its still in Cali.

CCR said:
Looks good, I like the pic with the yield sign, looks like a reflector mounted between the bars ....

It does look like that. I never would have noticed it.

I'm not sure where that crank came from. Its perfect though.
The egged garage door is just a random one down the lane.

Great looking mods kingfish, looks like an actual custom one-off Rat Fink. 8)

sleepy said:
Great looking mods kingfish, looks like an actual custom one-off Rat Fink. 8)

I probably won't do much more on this one until after BO8. But I would like to paint the rims orange, plus I have one of the Rat Fink sticker sets.

Latest posts

Back