Fat Man

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there.
I tryed out a combination of 24"x26" wheels as I said and did'nt like it. It was out of proportion, besides the fact that the cranks almost touched the floor.
Then I tryed 26"X26" and it got a lot better, but still, it looked small.
So when I finnaly got the courage, I cuted out part of the rear, and welded longer dropouts from an old bmx.
I also got a 26" fork that will be in place by tonight.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for http://www.choppermonster.com to gather and send me these:

Have fun.

Hey!
I'm still waiting for my parts, so I started working on the seat.
It is a Rosengar. Do you know this brand?
Anyway, I took it apart and left the leather on hot water and soap for about an hour, in order to restore it's correct shape and clean it a bit.
The main frames, nuts and screws of the seat are going to be left bare, while the other parts are going to be painted red, matching the rims.

Have fun

sweet build! hey if you sand the seat with fine sandpaper and scotch-brite pads enough, itll turn to suede. :D gets really soft and comfy.

I could rat it and rod it, but I would'nt be able to ride it..
It's just my dog's house I had to start building yesterday due to the heavy showers we've been having..

Her name is Dixie and her ball is the 2nd thing she loves most. The 1st is food, obviously.

And I'm STILL WAITING for my parts.. Grrr... They'l arrive this week hopefully..
Keep rollin'

Hey there.
The parts (fork and tires) finally arrived. They came from Chopper Monster in Madrid (http://www.choppermonster.com). I'm still waiting for the coaster brake my friend has sent me from Amsterdam. Hopefully it will arrive next wednesday. Only then will I be able to "spoke it up".

Here's the mockup. How 'bout that?!:

Keep rollin'

Hey there.
I'm wondering how will I be able to connect the cable of a 70's Sturmey Archer shifter to the push rod of the new Shimano Nexus 3spd coaster hub I'm waiting for...
I've browsed the internet for some closeups on this push rod and connector cable but I did'nt find anything suitable.
Can you tell me if it's going to be hard? Does the cable screw on the rod?

Thanks and keep rollin'

Back