Fat tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   1
I want something fatter than a 26x2.125. Was looking for bontrager Hank's, but long gone ( discontinued). Are Fat Franks any good, are they much fatter than a standard balloon tire? I don't want anything crazy like a 3", just a nice easy rolling fatter tire than a 2.125.
Thanks,
Johnny

Franks are about the same size as Hanks. Nice and fat but not overkill.

Walmart should still be selling Streamliners, I have 2 sets and am pretty sure they are 2.25 width, the sidewall looks fat and they are some smooth riding tires.

Agreed, they ride great and have a bigger look to them. They are made by Bell I think. Walmart by me has them on the shelves.

One pair of my Streamliners is on my motorized bike so I can attest to them at high speeds for extended time.

Wow! Worth a try I guess. Might try to get a few sets!

Nightrider said:
Are they cheaper than the franks?

Almost any tire is cheaper than franks

King fish, If my memory is correct (sometimes not at all) you had a set of hank's once. Still have them, wanna sell?
Johnny

Good luck with that. Lol.

I'd say you can see a difference between a hank and a frank, the franks are bigger. But both are cool in their own right and I like em both. And the Wally World tires are most definitely worth the money, a bit bigger than reg cruiser tires and a great price if ya find em on clearance, they aren't in clearance everywhere, gotta look around. Good luck

My Hanks are on Flexy, so not much chance of selling those.

I've got Fat Franks on one bike and Bontrager Solanas on my other one. Both the same size, 26x2.35 but the Bontragers are a bit wider since they have a rub strip on the sides, plus they're on wider rims. I like both of them. I originally bought regular size tires because I didn't want to spend the money on the fatter tires but just kept thinking I was missing out. Sure enough I should have just spent the money up front.

I don't know what color tires you're looking for but you can also get Electra Vintage Diamonds and Chimi has a some fat cream tires in his for sale listing.

Cream Fat Franks

630_053.jpg

Bontrager Solana whitewalls

af_047.jpg

Those Solanas look sweet too!!!

Nightrider, I don't think I will be removing my red line Hanks anytime soon. They look toooooo sexy on Flexy.

aIMG_8626.jpg

Project 346 tires are 26x2.35

These tires are some of the best rolling tires I have since they minimize surface contact area by design. What that translates to is less friction.

Kingfish, those redlines do look SWEEET! on Flexi. I wouldn't strip them either.
Oh, just got back from walfart, picked up a set of streamliners(only 2 left) for $3 each. With those being so cheap, I can still get a set of Franks (unless someone steps up with a set of Hank's).Hank's and Frank's, kind of funny.
Thanks for all the input, wouldn't have found the $3 tire deal without you all!
Johnny

Nightrider said:
Kingfish, those redlines do look SWEEET! on Flexi. I wouldn't strip them either.
Oh, just got back from walfart, picked up a set of streamliners(only 2 left) for $3 each. With those being so cheap, I can still get a set of Franks (unless someone steps up with a set of Hank's).Hank's and Frank's, kind of funny.
Thanks for all the input, wouldn't have found the $3 tire deal without you all!
Johnny

I've never seen those Streamliners in my WM. I'll have to check a larger one.

FYI, they come in a box folded up. You can see a pic on walmart.com. I had to dig behind everything to find'em. They didn't have a designated spot on the shelf.

When I get back to work, I hope to get some from ya. I handled some at Ichibike in DesMoines. They are really cool!

MIGZ said:
Project 346 tires are 26x2.35

These tires are some of the best rolling tires I have since they minimize surface contact area by design. What that translates to is less friction.

Are you from DM. Dan @ Ichi is a longtime friend of mine!

Back