Faux Bamboo Tiki Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a rear rack from a seamless drapery rod. Gave it the bamboo and copper lug treatment. Sourced the surface board from TEMU. I plan on carving a tiki rear carrier in the future.
I haven't updated in awhile because we were out of state during hurricane Milton. When I came back I just had to remove my storm shutters and burn a couple of dozen palm fronds, 🌴 no real damage.
1000002659.jpg

1000002662.jpg

Still wrestling with stickers or stenciling. I would really like to give the fenders a south pacific "tapa" pattern.

The more I looked at that surf board the less I liked it. It takes away from the organic look. If I do a rack I think I'll just carve a tiki.

A couple more details, Easter Island Moai bead, epoxied to valve stem cap.
1000002672.jpg

1000002674.jpg

Drilled and tapped this small resin Tiki. That way I could fasten it to the fender with a short 1/4 -20 machine screw.
1000002673.jpg

How about a tiki head with a glowing red light inside for a tail light?
I'm working on it. Torn between a coconut, bamboo or a tiki mug.😃

Coconut mirror cover.
1000002702.jpg

1000002704.jpg

Blue .67 bell from TEMU, painted copper and added a tiki graphic.
1000002705.jpg

Pondering a cup holder and still haven't settled on a taillight.
1000002706.jpg

The coconuts are genius, but I also really liked the rack.

At this point I might get a small log and carve a tiki with the Dremel, Then split it in half, carve out the inside, fit it over the stem, and screw it together from the back.

Latest posts

Back