Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is my i believe 2008 Felt Red Baron
429128_319185348141877_100001512439375_880132_1690038232_n.jpg

rydr1 said:
Al, how have you been after your incident? did you get your bike back into riding conditions?

I'm doing much better Thanks.
It's funny I'm 50 yrs young now and didn't think I could survive anymore real good thumpins. I'm sure I used up all my nine lives by now. :lol:
Oh well when I reach the end I will still have dues to pay. :wink: Now my wife thinks it was all a plan so I could buy new parts for the 68. :wink: I'm not talking :| As of today it's back on the road and better I think then before. I will post a pic or two in a day or so.

Stenberg said:
ED-PV said:
Had to get a shot of both of them together :)
You have two, lucky you!!
Maybe you can answer this question; i know a bikes weight often depends on its parts, but can you tell if the iron frame is much heavier then the aluminium one? thanks

Yes...the frames are within 4-5 lbs of each other. But like you said total weight really depends on the parts used. I only worry about weight on my mountain bike and road bike...IMHO a cruiser's weight is not much of a consideration. The one's I think ride the smoothest are the heaviest ones! :)

rydr1 said:
From the times I have taken apart the felt bikes, I feel a huge difference in the aluminum and steel frames. I have a steel one taken apart right now and I also will be taking apart my custom aluminum bike; i can weight things in then and report back.

I can say this for sure, my 2010 new belgium(steel) weights roughly 50lbs and my Hot wheels 68(aluminum) weights about 40lbs. The ZOOM triple tree forks are heavy on these bikes so anything with a triple tree will weight more.

thanks man, guess I don't need to know the exact difference, but it would be awesome if you could weight the two frames... adding to the ever growing tree of knowledge here at RRB.
I have the aluminum frame myself but I believe the steel one is much better looking.

Stenberg said:
I have the aluminum frame myself but I believe the steel one is much better looking.

If your plan is to build a custom bike, I have a steel frame that I would like to trade for the aluminum frame. Let me know if your interested.

The aluminum frame weight in at 6lbs and the steel at 11lbs.

My Basterdized Happy Hour. Like the wrapped look of the bars, ads girth and reminds me of muffler/Header wrap on Rat rod cars/trucks. Old Black Widow cranks nice chunk of aluminum single speed rear hub. Red vintage sparkle Schwinn grips mounted on old Wald bars mid rise. Rides like a Dream.

rr1bm.jpg

rr2u.jpg

rr3u.jpg

rr4s.jpg

Back