Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! I messed up the chaingaurd one day by catching my pant cuff on it and mangling it. a lot of the original paint splintered off so i straightened it out and painted it the flat red it is now. I picked the sticker up at the Indian motorcycles factory store in NC when i was driving past it a few years back. I really like the way it turned out.

A work in progress, perpetually! Purchased late April 2012 and started taking it apart in May. The little boys next door are always saying they thought it was done! It's my "Zen Garden" for getting out of my own head. The 1903 kind of brings this thread back to the start for another go around, eh?

Working on it today. Installing a rear stand and messing with a suicide shifter for the Dana 3-speed.
image-4_zpsb43b6fb4.jpg

image-4_zpsba02ddca.jpg

image-4_zpsb200cea5.jpg

There's not much on it that is original to the 1903 but I want to keep in the general style of early motorcycles for inspiration. A short list would be the Abraham fork, headset and stem, swept back handlebars, Gyes saddle and homemade layback seatpost, a lot of vintage or new old stock motorcycle parts, Nirve mini skirt rear modified as a front, Nirve street sweeper front modified for the back, a Whizzer rear stand, Dana 3-speed transmission, suicide shifter made from a Honda throttle, cloth covered wires and soldered lugs to brass buss bars, reworked motorcycle headlight, taillight and driving lights using my companies LED technology, and switched out the cream quick bricks for all black tires. Still more to go....

Harold, that 1903 looks amazing.

Reminds me of steam punk or even something that would be in back to the future. I like your work, man.

Thanks very much rydr1. Everything on it is there for a purpose. I want it to look like it is maintained to be ridden because it is. I'm always seeing other people's work and getting inspired to clean up and simplify but it doesn't last vey long. It's hard not to want to change it all up after going through this thread beginning to end a couple times. Great bikes on the forum and I really love the wide rimmed Felts.

Harold_B said:
I would think in addition to the Chief! That bike is mighty fine.
I like your line of thinking here but the CFO is never gonna go for that unless I find one super cheap...

Harold_B said:
A work in progress, perpetually!

image-4_zpsb43b6fb4.jpg

Wowser Harold, I've seen pictures of your bike before, but I never fully appreciated how spectacular it really is.

Now I'm blushing! Thanks man. Hopefully it's done by the time the snow melts and I can get some decent photos taken. My wife has a nice camera and an excellent eye for composition. That would be a big improvement over he camera phone/shaky hand photos I've been posting.

You really need to post yours. I live vicariously through your build and I think it'd be cool to share on this site. Hope your New Year is going well!

There's just something about the Deep 6 and the Chief with their translucent red paint that makes say "want" real bad! Love those bikes! I wish the 1903 had been fitted with 24"x3" like the Deep 6.
I like how my 1903 handles with the Abraham fork over the original Jerry Springer. What are you thinking so far redstar? I am hearing they are getting harder to come by too.

Harold_B said:
There's just something about the Deep 6 and the Chief with their translucent red paint that makes say "want" real bad! Love those bikes! I wish the 1903 had been fitted with 24"x3" like the Deep 6.
I like how my 1903 handles with the Abraham fork over the original Jerry Springer. What are you thinking so far redstar? I am hearing they are getting harder to come by too.

When I first became interested in a Felt my first choice was a Chief, but by the time I tried to order one they were discontinued. For some reason I didn't like the Deep 6 as much. I thought the panels looked weird. That lasted for about one second after I saw the bike in the flesh the first time. The 26" wheels, and tank frame were the big attraction for me. Now I really like the panels.

its been cold here since i mounted it so no extended rides. i rode "around the block" and really liked it over the stock fork. with that brooks saddle and the thick bricks the ride is super smooth. my wife actually got it from felt a few weeks ago so maybe they have produced a few again. love the look of the fork and am really excited for a layback post to give me some leg room. I wish i could find one of those stretch frames to mount my wheels/fork/saddle on.

Here is my El Guapo in Savannah.

WP_000990.jpg

Latest posts

Back