Felt cruiser kickstand problems?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong but I think felt uses kickstands like the old Schwinns. To get the pin out you have to compress the spring http://www.bunchobikes.com/repair2.htm
Hey Kram,

I know it’s a long time ago but I’ve just found this old post of yours as I’m looking for a bit of help.
I recently bought a Felt Little ....... cruiser bike (secondhand of course) which is in fantastic condition. However, it strikes me that the integral bike stand(kick stand) which is fitted into the frame of the bike is too long as when the stand is deployed the bike is almost upright and so in danger of falling over. Just wondering if someone in the past has fitted a non original stand to the frame(one that is a bit too long) and if so, is it possible to get hold of alternative length stands? Indeed, can these integral kick stands be replaced or adjusted? I know this may seem like a really elementary question so forgive me but I’ve searched for Felt integral kick stands and I can’t see any that are available to buy. Indeed I’m not sure if you can replace these stands very easily; if at all?
Any help would be appreciated as I’m a new to the world of these lovely looking bikes and very keen to become a more knowledgeable owner and potential enthusiast of these bikes and similar now that I have a bit more time on my hand to follow an interest in these bikes that I have held for some years. Thanks so much.

Sounds like someone put a 26" wheeled bike kick stand on a 24" wheeled LittleB. Yes, you can get a shorter kickstand.

Oh well there you go….,I would never have got to that as a conclusion but that makes perfect sense. Thank you!
Do you have any idea at all where I might be able to get hold of a 24’’ Felt bike stand?

A brilliant and much appreciated response. Thanks again. 👍👏🙌!

I experienced a problem today with my Felt cruiser kickstand. I decided to armorall the tires and when I went to wipe them down, the next thing I knew my bike was falling over. What happened was that the kickstand simply rotated 360 degrees and the bike fell. It scuffed the seat a little and of course I was a bit upset.

I have never had a bicycle with a kickstand that even COULD rotate 360*.

What I'm saying here is that when a person engages a kickstand, it comes down in a clockwise motion and clicks into place. It does not continue in a clockwise motion 360* around to the "up" position.....

.....well the kickstand on my Felt cruiser can and will do just that. It doesn't take much pressure at all to get it to go all the way around either. :x

I'm even worried to leave it setting on the kickstand at all at this point.

Does anyone have any sort of suggestion as to how I can fix this? Has anyone else here experienced a similar problem with Felt kickstands?

:cry:
The pin that holds the spring on the shaft may have broken or worn out the end piece.
gotta pop it off to see. Gotta be simple

Back