Felt Scythe Springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P4060866.jpg

P4090872.jpg

Just wanted to post a couple pictures of my springer Scythe. The headlight I am just trying out right now, if i keep it the bracket will be replaced or modified so it is back closer to the fork and more in line with the "tank", if you know what I mean. I do like the idea of being out after dark....

Yeah it would look better alittle closer. Sick ride tho man ! Black fits that bike real good i.m.o.

dig the w/w tires. whats the story with the bars those are neat!!

Can I ask you where I can get those pedals and can you get them in 9/16s?

Here's a tip on that fork. the springs are a bit weak and with a good hit It can bottom out. Here's what I did to make it better,
Inner springs from older 32mm MTN bike fork can be cut down to the same length as the springs and then insert them in the bottom compression springs then the fork works real nice and the return springs dont pop out after a good hit.

Al

The pedals are Persons repops, I got from sm2501 on ebay. I'm going to say they are only available in 1/2 inch & I don't know much about swapping axles, but it might be possible (?).
The handlebars were an impulse purchase off ebay a couple years before the bike came along. They are 7/8 chromed steel and I figured I had no bike for them. Tried to sell them at a swap with no luck, though a couple guys looked them over. I was only putting them on Scythe because of the stem size, to try until I got some apes or something, but BAM, they worked. Case closed.

Nice! I love night riding especially downhills!

I know this is a bit late on the thread but i have to ask about those springer forks! I have had a scythe for a couple of years now and am now interested in modding some stuff on it, and first on the list was weather or not i could get some kind of springer set for it. So how did you find those?!!!!!!! Any info would be great

Latest posts

Back